Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Two Sole Traders?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ash_

Hello All!

New to the forum. Looking to start a small domestic window cleaning business with a good friend of mine.

Have been doing alot of research for the past couple of weeks. There is one thing which I cannot really find an answer to, but some of you may be in this situation or may know the answer yourselves.

Is it possible to both be registered as Sole Traders and work together but do our own Self Assessments at the end of the Financial Year, or would we have to register as a Business Partnership?

Many thanks in advance!

you could if you had two separate business names for each other(and register the fact with a decent accountant).you would have to half the work between each other.and have separate books etc.all that matters is that you are honest with the revenue.OR THEY WILL GRILL YOU

You are not registering as a sole trader so to speak, you register as self employed, both of you would need to do this. Then you have the complication of who actually 'owns' the round as it were? What happens in a year when you decide you don't want to carry on and your mate does but you feel entitled to half the customers?

Best thing to do is call an accountant and book and appointment for you and your friend, all accountants do a free 30 minute consultation and can talk you through your options.

agree with mr green,also "get everything down in writing". friends and business don't mix, from my own personal experience.

Back