Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Splitting a backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Paul

Could I take one of my WCW backpacks to bits put it on a trolley with a 50m hose or even leave it in the van with the hose and us the 25l drums would the pump be strong enough ??

yes mate i did it yesterday lol with mine got a outdoor box from bnq for 20 quid didnt even need to but any more hose or cable or owt ill try n post some pics up

sorry cant upload pics it keeps saying file to large and dont know how to reduce it any chance i can email them to someone please for them to post

If the pump will be strong enough yes.

Don't forget that a lot of back pack and trolley pumps aren't 100psi, and I'd have a minimum of 100psi able pump for pushing water through a hose.

you won't have it on full blast all the time but the stronger the pump the better.

mines a 70psi 2.5 ltr a min and it works well with that 10m hose and used it at about 20 ft high, the main reason i split it n turned it into a trolley coz i was fed up of pouring barrles into the backpack every 10 mins its been fine for what ive used it for dunno if it would be any different with 50m of hose or 30ft high thow

Won't let me do it either mate but it looks very smart you done a good job of it, think I'll do the same getting fed up of filling my BP up all the time.

yer its a pain isnt it. it only took me about an hour i could do with a better trolly thow that ones not the best but it does fold down nice and small

yes it will work but it sounds like you might be better off thinking about going van mount and keeping your trolley as you got the poles hose etc £400 and your van mount

my backpack has a 70psi pump & the supplier told me it will work a 60ft pole & i think gardiners new backpack has a 60 psi pump & alex told me that would work at 60ft so i'm sure they could be used as van mounts

jambo if you can't get the pics up could you explain what you did, slowly, please

it was quite simple i just took the battery and pump off the back pack and secured it in one of these http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/electrical/switches-sockets/outdoor-switches-sockets/junction_boxes/HEC-Weatherproof-Junction-Box-IP66-270mm-9412334?icamp=recs

and then mounted the switch on top of the box and the charging point on the bottom then just put the hose threw the holes if anyone wants pics just message me your email address and ill send some.

the backpack i used as a doner was the extend2wash ws18

id go for a van mount mate cheap enough tbh and is much better and less hassle

iv use a 250litre atm which isnt great if u got more than 12-15 houses to do but u could manage bit more on lower settings

what sort of set up you thinking about ?

I did add 30m of pole hose to a trolley which had my backpack on & it worked ok. Only problem was it kept grumbling when the tap was turned to off, I think I needed to alter the pressure switch a bit & that would have done it.

Should work with a bit of fiddling.

Back