Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm after some feedback.

C

Christian Eley

Hi Guys,

I'm after some feedback on my new website I have been creating for my business.

The website explains what we do so there isn't much I need to say.

I think the "Window Cleaning" page could do with more info and maybe some pictures, I don't know, what do you guys think?

Www.solarsoakers.co.uk

Christian

Last edited:
Solar panels are not EXTREMELY DANGEROUS to clean.

Pro lookiing site and welcome to the forum

They 'can be' Extremely Dangerous if you don't understand how they work. You need the correct knowledge and also the correct PPE in order to clean them safely.

If one has a crack or a broken seal, (bare in mind they make a accumulative DC current) and you put water onto the electric, your going to end up frying yourself as its a DC current pulling you in.

Like I said, DC current pulls you in, so once you have contact with it, depending on how strong the current is, you will find yourself either badly burnt or in a worse scenario, dead.

That is why it's important to know how to clean them safely and effectively.

I'm still shocked how cleaning panels hasn't been made a regulated thing.

Anyway, I'm not here to brag or argue, I'm just here to learn and share tips with people. In the nicest possible way, If you don't like my content, then don't look at it /emoticons/laugh.png

No but we do a visual inspection of the panels before we clean them using a wireless cam that attaches to the end of water fed pole. Also checking the gutters whilst the camrea is up there.

And also like I said, you must be wearing the correct PPE, and if you are, you should prevent such an electric shock.

Just bare in mind, solar panels are not just a peice of glass like a window, it's effectively a high voltage DC power station with a bit of glass covering it. We just check for worn out seals and possible chips or cracks before we clean.

They 'can be' Extremely Dangerous if you don't understand how they work. You need the correct knowledge and also the correct PPE in order to clean them safely.
If one has a crack or a broken seal, (bare in mind they make a accumulative DC current) and you put water onto the electric, your going to end up frying yourself as its a DC current pulling you in.

Like I said, DC current pulls you in, so once you have contact with it, depending on how strong the current is, you will find yourself either badly burnt or in a worse scenario, dead.

That is why it's important to know how to clean them safely and effectively.

I'm still shocked how cleaning panels hasn't been made a regulated thing.

Anyway, I'm not here to brag or argue, I'm just here to learn and share tips with people. In the nicest possible way, If you don't like my content, then don't look at it /emoticons/laugh.png
Welcome to the forum mate.

You have a nice layout and flow to your site and now I am going pick it apart. (sorry)

'Certified & Approved' - Yes but only by the self appointed 'Industry leader' not by any Government H&S recognized body. Can be a little misleading to granny Smith that may misinterpret that to think you have some sort of official approval.

'Extremely dangerous' - with the minimum of preventative safety measures they are quite safe to clean.

Pictures - obviously not jobs you have done personally as your images appear on other web sites also and as you yourself said in your earlier pot you are just starting out. Drag a mate or the missus on ever job you go to get loads of pics of you working, before and afters of jobs you actually do.

Regards to your earlier post 'worse - dead' As I have challenged Solar Steve to do on numerous occasions show me ONE example of someone that has been killed carrying out the task of cleaning solar panels. You can't, if it had happened it would have an article linked to google somewhere about it yet not one recorded incident. I am not saying it can not happen but in 30 odd years now solar has been growing around the world if there was one single case you might think it would have been recorded.

Back to web site, 'Window cleaning' you say 'Using your state of the art equipment' then at the top of this thread you talk about still getting your gear together, do you actually have much experience in daily window cleaning? (yes it is quite different to cleaning a solar panel)

My advice is to be as honest in your representations as possible when dealing with customers, never be afraid to tell a client you can't do it as you don't yet have a long enough pole for example, or you can't fit it in till after you do a MEWPS course to use the cherry picker safely etc etc as they will respect you more for your honesty in the long run.

I hope you had a good day on Solar Steves course and learned plenty and are getting a good few cleans from it. The reason Solar Steve was not relieved so well on the forum is as a community we thrive from sharing information and advice, all he wanted to do was plug his franchise, if asked a question about anything he would reply 'that will be covered on the course' not very community spirited (IMO)

Please read the above as it is intended, as friendly, honest review (which is what you asked for) it is not a personal attack, just my personal views. I hope you find something constructive in there for you .

As above, welcome, nice to have you and hope to hear plenty more about you Solar Panel cleans along the way. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Guys,
I'm after some feedback on my new website I have been creating for my new business.

The website explains what we do so there isn't much I need to say.

I think the "Window Cleaning" page could do with more info and maybe some pictures, I don't know, what do you guys think?

Www.solarsoakers.co.uk

But just bare in mind, I'm still starting up, getting equipment ect...

Christian
I'll let you know how many spelling/grammar mistakes I found on your site if you give us the inside info of how to clean a solar panel :thumbsup:

Good site for a home made job, but a bit OTT on how it can be dangerous to anyone who hasn't been on the course that wants to clean a solar panel. Give us the info, you could save a life /emoticons/smile.png

windie i know was goin to do subbing a local solar farm for that guy solar steve. i cant remember the figures now the windie told me but iv forgot exactly ,it was under a pound a panel , only a real mug would have gone and flogged guts out for the reward offered .

It all depends upon how dirty the panels are. This cannot be emphasised enough. A two hour job can easily be a seven hour job if they're mingin'.

Back