Chris33

My canvassing blog!

adamangler

Ok yeh, i suppose a load of leaflets and general crap gets binned before the new owners move in.

Plenty of new estates popping up near me, I have targeted a couple. I clean the sales office on both estates and one show home for free and they put my flyer in the hand over pack when the new owner gets the keys. Worked great at first until a large company bombarded all the houses week after week with flyers advertising a ridiculously low price. When all people want is ther windows cleaned they seem to go for the cheapest they can get - only find this on new estates though which is why I have been priced out of both now.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That's the only problem with new build estates once a cheap windy has the monopoly it's game over. and in 20 years time they'll still be doing them at the same price.

A reason I like my work spread out, it's almost impossible to lose any great quantity at once because no one talks

adamangler

@Chris33

How far back would you go with the letters ?. I've got to June so far.

Reckon it's worth going back to the start of the year ?

Not posted any of this batch yet, got about 600 written up so far

Chris33

Only a few months here mate but working back the way (back to front I know)

Start of the year I'd agree yeah

Chris33

I was thinking more along the lines of when home owners put their house up. @adamangler

I'm gona go see a few local estate agents here today, see if they will take some fliers to give to those selling, to put in their packs..with the idea being to sell full house cleans prior to photos being taken etc

peter rogers
@Chris33

How far back would you go with the letters ?. I've got to June so far.

Reckon it's worth going back to the start of the year ?

Not posted any of this batch yet, got about 600 written up so far

Keep in mind it's roughly 65p all in to post a letter.

Chris33

@peter rogers that's why I'm starting with more recent I guess but will chap some too.

@HALTON that's true enough, but from that info we can speak to the site foreman or sales staff from said company ie Barratt homes to work out when ppl move in-time to chap them if close enough

adamangler
Think. Problem is with putting new builds in google is you don't Know if they are occupied or not unless i missing something

If it's a new build as in just built and its for sale how can it be occupied?

HALTON
If it's a new build as in just built and its for sale how can it be occupied?

What i was meaning is if you send a letter to a new build you dont know if its occupied /people moved in or not.

If they have not moved in and you send/post a letter through the letter box the sales person will bin them so in theory they will not reach the potential Client its intended for

adamangler

If it's for sale then they cant have moved in. if it's sold then they might or might not have moved in.

But yes they could be thrown away. better just sticking to sold property's really.

Chris33
@adamangler keep me posted with your letters. Sounds like your hitting that sold list hard and will make a fair bit of progress for 2017 (did I just say that!) off it :-)

adamangler

will do mate, should have at least 500 out by end of the month, just printing out letters now, tedious process!

High-tower
Just a heads up for anyone who uses a lot of ink, ive just realised you can get these refill kits off ebay

CANON PG545 PG 545 PIXMA MG2450 MG2550 XL BLACK INK CARTRIDGE REFILL KIT | eBay

hopefully they work as ink aint cheap from the shop, just used a brand new £12 cartridge on 350 sheets just now

invest in a laser printer... toner lasts forever, and much more reliable than inkjet.

Chris33

@adamangler have you looked at royal mail services for mass posting?

Don't know if it would be cheaper but perhaps they have something. Seeing as your taking on the mantle as chief letter posting dude.

adamangler

Will have a look, planning on 50% with stamps and the rest posted when im cleaning in the area.

adamangler
invest in a laser printer... toner lasts forever, and much more reliable than inkjet.

Ill have a look mate if this ink is no good, hopefully it will be as should get about 10 cartridges worth for less than a tenner

Tuffers
Just a heads up for anyone who uses a lot of ink, ive just realised you can get these refill kits off ebay

CANON PG545 PG 545 PIXMA MG2450 MG2550 XL BLACK INK CARTRIDGE REFILL KIT | eBay

hopefully they work as ink aint cheap from the shop, just used a brand new £12 cartridge on 350 sheets just now

I've got a Canon MP610, will this kit be compatible?

adamangler
I've got a Canon MP610, will this kit be compatible?

dont think so mate, but just had a quick look on ebay and you can get cheap cartridges for yours

Chris33

@Tuffers @adamangler I was speaking to my old man about this earlier. He used these kits and the printer wouldn't recognise the cartridge or something..

Might work on certain printers mind,just giving your kind self's the heeds up!

Well 10 rightmove mansion letters fired out today, chapped doors here and got two new houses in my own town on the round now and one in an next town. That's three getting taken off the round from further afield now. 330 houses tops ya see.

New year,hunt for one or two more decent sized commercial jobs and two more of these big mansion houses would do braw on the round..

adamangler

My last printer i could get cheap cartridges off ebay about 12 for a tenner but they were hit and miss for being recognised, still worked out cheaper though, shall see still waiitng for delivery.

330 is an odd number @Chris33 , why 330?

Chris33

320 over 4 weeks is 80 a week,cos I am 5 weekly it can spill onto week five if needed or I'll use week 5 next year to full up with gutter cleans etc.

So..the extra 10 is my safety net,any drop off and I'll never go under 320 and can keep it at around 330 year round hopefully with chapping mate