Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris33

My canvassing blog!

Leeds
I am willing to go as far as 3.5.miles from my house :rofl:

Haha! I know what you mean mate. I used to resent going more than 1 mile from mine Haha!

Now I just jack the price up the further away it is Haha! I'm willing to travel 20mins max!

adamangler
Shadwell cross gates colton

But willing to go anywhere in Leeds if work is there

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Got a couple in colton that's as far as I go and only because there both big jobs.

Quite a Few in Swillington, kippax, garforth, allerton by water, Rothwell, woodlesford.

Then mainly in wakefield all over

adamangler

No, opposite side of road to mc ds.

down this area

Google Maps

nice area, some of my best priced work. dont do many though i do them on my way to garforth.

HALTON

I work all colton surprised I ain't seen you about quite a bit round there. I also pay leafleters to leaflet colton a lot .

I used to do pizza hut till national guys got it

If I see you about I will stop say hi

I'm in colton again nx week

Tuffers

Am I right in thinking that you've not been going long @meridion? £60-£90 an hour every hour you work? How many hours are you working a week?

adamangler
I work all colton surprised I ain't seen you about quite a bit round there. I also pay leafleters to leaflet colton a lot .

I used to do pizza hut till national guys got it

If I see you about I will stop say hi

I'm in colton again nx week

I'm only there 1 day a month and I only pass through. I'm only there about an hour or so.

You're more likely to see me in mc ds lol

Leeds
Am I right in thinking that you've not been going long @meridion? £60-£90 an hour every hour you work? How many hours are you working a week?

On and off for about 6 years Tuffers, but more seriously last 2 years. I don't get £60 - £90 everyday 7 hours a day haha! 2 weeks of my round are quite compact and well priced so we're in that ball park, the other 2 weeks it's still well priced but a bit more travelling. Travelling is what brings it down to £40/£50 an hour.

But I always price with that rate. I.e. If a house has 4 windows, I know it will take me 4 minutes max, but usually it takes me 3 minutes, and I'll charge £8-£10. I'm realising the new stuff I'm pricing is working out at £2 a minute :rofl:

But hey, I do a great job, I tell the customer exactly how much they get for their money, as well as all the bells and whistles of a professional service. And their happy.

Oh and here's the trick, I'm never going over 3 days a week, as I like to volunteer the other two days. I employ a part timer and I'm going for the second one this year. I find that if employ ones who don't want full time work, pay them well, they do just fine and they're not interested in building a business of their own, because they usually have some other passion (obviously don't employ students).

Anyhow it means I have to price high to get 5 days wage in 3 days. I'm waiting for the day one lad can turn £500 in a day on domestic. And it can be done, I've already got patches that bring even £160 an hour, mind you it's just 1 hour, but you know what I mean :rofl:

adamangler
On and off for about 6 years Tuffers, but more seriously last 2 years. I don't get £60 - £90 everyday 7 hours a day haha! 2 weeks of my round are quite compact and well priced so we're in that ball park, the other 2 weeks it's still well priced but a bit more travelling. Travelling is what brings it down to £40/£50 an hour.

But I always price with that rate. I.e. If a house has 4 windows, I know it will take me 4 minutes max, but usually it takes me 3 minutes, and I'll charge £8-£10. I'm realising the new stuff I'm pricing is working out at £2 a minute :rofl:

But hey, I do a great job, I tell the customer exactly how much they get for their money, as well as all the bells and whistles of a professional service. And their happy.

Oh and here's the trick, I'm never going over 3 days a week, as I like to volunteer the other two days. I employ a part timer and I'm going for the second one this year. I find that if employ ones who don't want full time work, pay them well, they do just fine and they're not interested in building a business of their own, because they usually have some other passion (obviously don't employ students).

Anyhow it means I have to price high to get 5 days wage in 3 days. I'm waiting for the day one lad can turn £500 in a day on domestic. And it can be done, I've already got patches that bring even £160 an hour, mind you it's just 1 hour, but you know what I mean :rofl:

500 a day on domestic ? In West leeds ?

2 days off.

Can I have a job? Pay me 750 for 3 days and you can keep the other 750 and have 5 days volunteering?

Leeds
500 a day on domestic ? In West leeds ?

2 days off.

Can I have a job? Pay me 750 for 3 days and you can keep the other 750 and have 5 days volunteering?

Haha, when I get there Adam! I'll give ya £525, that's my best offer :rofl:

adamangler

If I can turn over 500 in a day on the glass I'll do it for free for the experience!

Leeds
If I can turn over 500 in a day on the glass I'll do it for free for the experience!

well to put it into perspective, if we can start edging toward £14/£15 a 3 bed semi, that's 33 in a day to hit £500. It's not that straight forward and it would be a hard day but I can knock out 25 with an hour break currently., so it's not that unimaginable.

sam86ni

Great blog Chris. Really great information. Your company name is great, angus window cleaning services? hahaha. your website is clean, nice logo as well, like the simplicity and cleaniness of the backgroud water droplet picture, your services is simple and straight to the point, great reviews from your customers on facebook. You have built a great business in such a small amount of time. Did you ask your customers to leave you facebook reviews or did they just do it without being asked? I like the paypal and bacs payment as well.

Was wondering as well what kind of power washer you have to get the jobs done? some of them can be expensive. Also who built your website?

Thanks Chris :) congratulations

Chris33

@sam86ni thank you for the kind words.

I'd started looking to take on staff this last while but decided to focus the round over two or three main towns and sell a bit of work off.

The website was built by @Gav probably before I'd even learned to use a squeegee in all honesty.

As per reviews, I made a ticket for putting through doors after the initial clean. This had a bit more info on it than the general tickets,and also had a link to my fb business page and a polite request to leave a review on there.

Gav later linked the fb page onto the website and put review comment's on website etc

sam86ni
Thanks very much Green,got the clothing sorted and Google maps helped price that ten pound job yesterday. Websites made up by Gav too. Van signage would be ace,but currently using my corsa for work. Perhaps I'll get a rear window advert soon.

Fliers are needed badly! Been using my own ink and orange paper purchased online,this was a very counter productive idea as the cost of ink is very high per sheet. Ordering online fliers and business cards today. Like your idea with regard to price guide. Cheers ☺

Hey Chris, how can you tell with google maps about prices?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.