Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

full throttle

WCF

Help Support WCF:

U

unit

What speed are you guys running your machines at?

My set up is Honda gx390 motor with inter-pump and a gear box.

I usaly turn revs down for spraying ditergent and rinsing,but some times have to turn the throttle all the way up on bad drives/paths etc.

Do you think this is bad practice,would this hert the machine ?

When I'm cleaning I'm cringing,in my head it sounds like some ones ragging an old fiesta around a car park.

I'm probably just worrying my investment will explode in my face.

as long as its not wood/decking or a damaged area then I generally run full throttle all the way, 3000 psi 21lpm /emoticons/smile.png shouldn't hurt the machine, its what their built to do

What speed are you guys running your machines at?My set up is Honda gx390 motor with inter-pump and a gear box.

I usaly turn revs down for spraying ditergent and rinsing,but some times have to turn the throttle all the way up on bad drives/paths etc.

Do you think this is bad practice,would this hert the machine ?

When I'm cleaning I'm cringing,in my head it sounds like some ones ragging an old fiesta around a car park.

I'm probably just worrying my investment will explode in my face.
I also have a machine with a gearbox. Although they use a bit more petrol, they can run and run on full power all day, no problem. Ben at Rutland pumps told me this

I also have the gx390 gearbox and I only need to run mine on just over quarter throttle and works fine for most jobs. I do how ever have a different unloader valve to what came on the machine so that might be why.

Back