Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tradding leaded windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Cleaning

Do the trad guys charge more for leaded windows ??? i got a mates house to price up and all fronts are leaded decent sized house .

click here

what ya reckon im thinking about 6 or 7 quid for the front myself .

I'd charge £10 for the front of those.

We soak then up, squeegee the majority off, usually use two or three cloths, and buff it down in stages, little bit damp cloth first to buffed down with a bone dry cloth, the remove all the water.

I have one like this, lead on every window, they can be a ***htmare if you don't price it right. Someone with a water fed pole would be able to do it for half that, but to do it trad that is what I would charge.

Iv a house similar with all leaded at front and it's £12 for the whole lot, 4 windows at back not leaded.

First cleaning leaded is madness!! So be sure you add a few quid if it's bad.. For regular customers leaded is easier, depending on how damp y scrim is sometimes you can just scrum it.. Sometimes it helps to wipe with sill cloth then scrim dry

Well i did think a tenner for the front but thought maybe that was too high but they want backs done aswell and the conny .

Be a regular job tho .

i use a spray bottle with something called glass gleam in it a couple of squirts and wipe it with one cloth then buff up with a microfibre almost as quick as using a mop and squeegee

Do the trad guys charge more for leaded windows ??? i got a mates house to price up and all fronts are leaded decent sized house .

click here

what ya reckon im thinking about 6 or 7 quid for the front myself .
does he know his got a couple of tile missing of his roof /emoticons/smile.png

When you guys ask for £10 for a front like this, does many people say no that's too expensive? Or try and bargain you down?

Iv had quite a few people say that's too dear. One I quoted £7 she begged and begged me to do it for a fiver and I got the 2 either side both for £7 and I just had to say I couldn't do it.. She at first just wanted the tops done lol

I think if they are like that, your never going to be able to put your prices up every couple of years, as they really don't care what its worth they just want it for a lowest possible price, and will be a nuisance in the long run in my experience, ones like that always end up to be bad payers etc. I just tell my customers that if they didn't have the lead, it would be half that price, but because of all the lead on the windows, it will likely take more than twice the time.

yh i always add a couple of quid to what id normally charge for leaded windows, it takes longer, so it costs more, simples

£8.00 first time clean there after 6.50 i use a spray and two scrims one to clean and one to polish off cone out lovly but i also clean all frames and sills + front door gets a good scrubevery time.

^^^all that for £6.50 sir you are extracting the urine !!!! It took me 1.5hrs for back front and conny im charging £12.50 and thats only cus they my mates otherwise easy £20 job .

Back