Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory roof step ladder.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gilly

Currently use this youngman step ladder to get access to conservatory roofs but it's not high enough and I find myself overstretching or standing on the top two steps (not safe) so would like to buy another just wondering what steps you use to access high conservatory roofs?

View attachment 6981

Currently use this youngman step ladder to get access to conservatory roofs but it's not high enough and I find myself overstretching or standing on the top two steps (not safe) so would like to buy another just wondering what steps you use to access high conservatory roofs?
If I've got to use a ladder for conservatory roof I don't take the job.

I use a 7 rung triple that i keep on the motor

If worried about marking the gutter i will use 2 rags to rest the ladder sides on

Stepladders are dodgy

I've got a combination ladder, folds out into a step ladder just over 7ft tall, great for conservatory roofs and getting over wrotten rickety gates/fences when you don't dare lean a ladder against them, was £99 I think. Bends into all sorts of other shapes, leaning ladder, standoff, platform.

5 rung little giant. Can use it with one side at virtually 90 degrees as well so can get up real close. Even better may be a 6 rung. They are heavy but great.

I use a telescopic ladder really good for conys 90% of the time you can set it to just below the guttering. Not heard of the little giant, just had a look. Looks really useful.

5 rung Little giant Revolution XE from Midland Ladder Comany - http://www.midlandladders.com/products/5_Rung_Little_Giant_Revolution_XE-505-74.html
With the additional work platform - http://www.midlandladders.com/products/Little_Giant_Work_Platform-415-122.html.

Much more comfortable to stand on than just the rungs, and gets you up above the roof so much easier to clean.

View attachment 9989
Rungs aren't uncomfortable to stand on I think but that's just me, used as steps with one side at 90 degrees the 5 rung is plenty high enough and I'm only 5'4" and you don't need to lean it on the gutter like that either.

Back