Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GoCardless - Cleaner Planer Pro + Tablet

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Hey lads, this is aimed at those running Cleaner Planner Pro & Go Cardless.

As you know with the CP pro you can integrate a widget to your payment page on your website, custys fill in a quick form and done.

However relying on customers is hit and miss, the old 'I'll do it tonight' brigade.

I am thinking as I have unlimited data on my mobile and can use it for mobile hotspot tethering to my tablet why not just hand them the tablet at the door to fill in the information? Especially for new customers.

Toughts?

Great if they are ok with inputing info there and then and they have been long term customers so there is mutual trust. I think for new customers there may be some reluctance inputing details on someone else's device. Having said that, this is the rout I plan to take so am keen to know how the experiment plays out. best of luck.

GoCardles is backed with the direct debit guarantee so they have that insurance to begin with. Also as far as trust they come to me, mostly through referrals, they are happy to pay Virgin, Sky, etc via DD so why not I?

I also just realized that a tablet will not be needed, I use a Galaxy Note 3 and since Gav optimized my page for mobile it displays perfectly anyhow on the phone so bonus there.

If you are asking people to put their bank details in your device on their doorstep rather than their own computer in the 'safety' of their own home I'm sure there will be some that would be less likely to participate. Unfortunately there are rogue traders and numerous online scams that may effect potential customers decision making. Maybe the reason people are happy to pay DD to the likes of Sky, Virgin et al is brand recognition, consumer participation and herd trust. I am genuinely interested in this subject and have much to learn.

Not a chance it wil happen as banks tell u not to do this. And wen filling details in online it asks if it isur device

U need to let them do it on there on devices etc

If you are asking people to put their bank details in your device on their doorstep rather than their own computer in the 'safety' of their own home I'm sure there will be some that would be less likely to participate.

Not a chance it wil happen as banks tell u not to do this
Well they already happily let me punch in their card details for Paypal each month so I don't see why such a stretch to GoCardles.

What card details for PayPal ? All u need for PayPal is there email address to send invoice
No Peter.. I use Paypal Here to proocess cards on the door. They dont need to have a Paypal account to pay you and you are paid there amd then. No invoicing them, no waiting for them to bother to deal with invoice.

I personally wouldn't put my financial details into a trade person's phone. I guess other a wouldn't either. Though you are being perfectly legit, it may have an impact on your good name - it sounds really dodgy to customers.

Well since I started this thread I have converted all but one of the customers that have been home for me to talk to when doing the windows.

The main comment they give is 'oh... that's a good idea!'

Remember the difference in us and other types of tradesmen is they know us as they deal with us month in month out. Other trades you call when in need so dont get to know them so well.

Latest Posts

Back