Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

just been carding

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

posted about 250-300 in 2 hours.

The house had loads of clean windows.... but their was 1 or 2 that were dirty... it was a nice compact estate... but up to now ive posted 600 cards and havent had 1 response...

im going to get up to 1,000 tomorrow. Im also going to go canvassing and say......

Hiya ther... im your local window cleaner... would you like a free quote for your windows?

thats it

Theirs new houses that have been built round the corner from me.... and theere up for grabs now.... and im going to keep an eye on that.... and be the first 1 in ther.... thers about 30 houses their.... so just gotta keep an eye on it

still got 0 customers /emoticons/smile.png lol

I have dropped off 1000 plus before and no calls it happens a lot , Keep your head they will turn up in the end

Ya i wouldnt worry to much do 2 weeks of flyers/cards and then think to yourself mmmmm theres 2-3k of houses with my cards been put in and least your getting out there and trying :]

so you got 1 customer now from that response ?

Lol........... how many customers will you get out of 100 doors you canvass?

If they are a 100 answers at least 40 well priced jobs, what about you ?
40 from 100 houses that's pretty good, I'm still Having problems door knocking nervous as hell, can't seem to get over it.

Ya i wouldnt worry to much do 2 weeks of flyers/cards and then think to yourself mmmmm theres 2-3k of houses with my cards been put in and least your getting out there and trying :]

so you got 1 customer now from that response ?
Yeh in 2,3 weeks i will have shot out at least 3,000 cards ! /emoticons/smile.png

then hopefully the jobs will come ! lol

just need to stick to it....and keep trying... it will eventually pay off /emoticons/smile.png

i got no customers yet

Weve had less than 10 out of 100 people spoke to so far, maybe closer to 5.

Had better response from leafletting when weve tried that, cover larger area and getting a few calls and customers from that.

Depends on area, if not getting response move on to somewhere else and try there. Some areas are just swamped already and even though you will pick up the odd one or two, will get a poorer response overall.

posted about 250-300 in 2 hours.

The house had loads of clean windows.... but their was 1 or 2 that were dirty... it was a nice compact estate... but up to now ive posted 600 cards and havent had 1 response...

im going to get up to 1,000 tomorrow. Im also going to go canvassing and say......

Hiya ther... im your local window cleaner... would you like a free quote for your windows?

thats it

Theirs new houses that have been built round the corner from me.... and theere up for grabs now.... and im going to keep an eye on that.... and be the first 1 in ther.... thers about 30 houses their.... so just gotta keep an eye on it

still got 0 customers /emoticons/smile.png lol
As you say: "up for grabs", lets hope that no other windies are thinking the same thing - Windy wars ! - with local meat- head

!!

I wouldn't say I am your local window cleaner, cause if you happen to knock another windies door they wont like it, its kind of like saying its my area.

I would just say "I clean some of your neighbours in the area, are you interested in a quote?".

When I first started I got a much better response from flyers, but these days they just don't seem to be as good as they used to be. So I just stick to door knocking. Flyers are ok. I used to get about 1 or 2 for every 100 flyers. Went out knocking with one of my boys a couple of weeks ago and we picked up about 15 new customers in two hours, just over a couple of streets. The following week we did the same, and picked up about 3 in 2 hours :-(.

i dropped a 1000 and had nothing some people aint bothered and with current times a windy is the last thing on peoples minds plus we will be the 1st to go.

you will get custys but i feel its getting harder keep an eye out for the older people there yer best ones;)

i dropped a 1000 and had nothing some people aint bothered and with current times a windy is the last thing on peoples minds plus we will be the 1st to go.

you will get custys but i feel its getting harder keep an eye out for the older people there yer best ones;)
It good you are out there trying to pick up new work,I think you would struggle just dropping a business card through the doo,the info on it is very limited and there is no call to action on them,leaflets would do a better job if you are just posting,a basic leaflet would maybe get you 1% call rate,if you design it well and you should recieve around a 3-4% call rate.

Business cards do work but on a more face to face level,for instance just knock a door and say im just dropping my business cards in this area then go into your pitch,the important thing is cusomers love to see the price or be told about the cost.

Knocking can be very hard but the way i overcome it is to picture a £20 note on the door.

face book mate thats how i started you will geta few messers, but also id get one custie down a street and when i went to clean it 2-3 more would come out and ask me to do thers so then i would knock or leaflet the area and i usually pick up a couple more

It good you are out there trying to pick up new work,I think you would struggle just dropping a business card through the doo,the info on it is very limited and there is no call to action on them,leaflets would do a better job if you are just posting,a basic leaflet would maybe get you 1% call rate,if you design it well and you should recieve around a 3-4% call rate.

Business cards do work but on a more face to face level,for instance just knock a door and say im just dropping my business cards in this area then go into your pitch,the important thing is cusomers love to see the price or be told about the cost.

Knocking can be very hard but the way i overcome it is to picture a £20 note on the door.
i found leaflets far to expensive and i think people throw them away like takeaway menus cards are different and catch peoples eyes and they keep them/pin them up on the fridge or boards ect.

i can fit some good words in on a card its just knowing what to put ive gained all my houses by card not one knock at the door.

lol

flyers arent expensive at all i can get 10k for £120 delivered

if u go for huge numbers like 40-50k thay are cheap as chips stupidly cheap infact

ya ak mind me asking how many customers u got from cards in total roughly ?

ive had around 100 custys but dropped nearly half as i cant cope with swear word!s and bad payers/messers but ive got other business things going on so cant take anymore houses on than 100,as i cant fit them in just dont have the time.

i just dont wanna pay 120 lol i found i get 1 or 2 in a street after carding that then turns into 7 to 10 when people see me up the ladder.i get me cards cheap and plenty of them.people hold onto cards most will bin flyers.ive been going under a year so not to bad but like a say got other business sides going on aswell

on my card i have.

windows cleaned every 4 weeks(weather permitting)

all houses priced per window

frames cleaned (at extra cost)

i have my number and email address on then on the bottom of the card i have NO ONE OFF CLEANS:)

i havnt canvassed this year been too busy with other things but still picked up a few whilst out and about.

Latest Posts

Back