Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solenoid not working....No water, HELP!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AS Window Cleaning

My brother in law tried to put the water on to filter thru the ***ht, but the solenoid does not seem to be working...any ideas?

Going round first thing in the morning to try to fix/bypass. Battery is charged, positive and negative the right way (what happens if its not?), and switch in tank isnt jammed.

Any ideas guys?

All I can think is the obvious- loose connection. Few weeks back I loaded up and switched on, nothing. Opened the pump box and a wire had worked its way out, don't ask me how.

Not sure what happens if you get the polarities wrong but don't expect it'd be good, either blow the circuit or start melting wires, I know I've blown a fuse or two on the charger before now!

All I can think is the obvious- loose connection. Few weeks back I loaded up and switched on, nothing. Opened the pump box and a wire had worked its way out, don't ask me how.

Not sure what happens if you get the polarities wrong but don't expect it'd be good, either blow the circuit or start melting wires, I know I've blown a fuse or two on the charger before now!
Cant believe only had 1 answer to try and help me!!! :-/

Thanks chip for help, theyre not really complicated things so couldnt see how could go wrong. It was the fuse for some reason, even though it wasnt blown, when i took it out it worked for a split second, there was something dodgy in the fuse, replaced it and all systems go! Put the booster pump on it which i dont normally do, and after 2 hours had enough water to go, so all good. Phew!

Back