Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

reverse osmosis system

kyle

My purified water is trickling into tank and waste water is going at gd flow is this normal

What's the waste to pure ratio?
I'm not sure how do I find that out I got total rubbish instructions and it wasn't for my 400gpd reverse osmosis system how long does it take u to fill tank mine is 300lite been filling 3 hour and not even a 3rd full

And have you got a TDS meter to check quality. You don't want to leave it running until your sure of your pure quality.

Also what is your mains pressure like. The guage on the front should tell you that. The higher the pressure the better the pure to waste ratio will be and the quicker your tank will fill. That's my experience anyway

And have you got a TDS meter to check quality. You don't want to leave it running until your sure of your pure quality.Also what is your mains pressure like. The guage on the front should tell you that. The higher the pressure the better the pure to waste ratio will be and the quicker your tank will fill. That's my experience anyway
Yes its 0 water pressure 25 not sure if gd or not its crazy seeing it just trickling out into tank that all the set up would be easy but be so stress full

As long as it produces enough for you to work with (350ltrs per day for one man minimum) I wouldn't worry too much Kyle. I certainly wouldn't worry unless you're on a water meter, in which case you want to get your waste to pure ratio as low as possible because you will notice it on your water bill.

If your water pressure is 25psi that is quite low you might want to consider a booster pump. These ROs will seldom produce water at a rapid rate and waste output almost always looks alarmingly fast by comparison to the pure rate.

To check your waste to pure ratio, get two measuring jugs and put the waste pipe in one and pure pipe in the other and time it for one minute. Then compare how much waste you have with pure. ie; 600ml waste and 200ml pure would = 3-1 waste to pure ratio etc.

As Marko says, as long as its purifying enough for you, that's all that matters. Mine is slow, but I leave it on overnight to fill my storage tank and don't bother with a booster pump

I've just set up a system in my garage, look at my posts, I've got a 450 gpm ro system and with a booster pump I'm getting 1.7 lts per min good and 1lt of waste per min.

I bought a 1000lt ibc from dv containers for £100, a 450gpd ro system form collins water products for about £170 with extra tubing and a float valve thrown in, and a booster pump ( aquatec 8800, because it can be left on ) from window cleaning warehouse for £107.

I got a Clarke SPE1200SS for £95, which is an external pump for transfering the water.

My whole set up is brilliant.

I did it myself and it was very easy, Collins were brilliant, very helpful ( I rang them quite a few times for advice).

The booster pump is essential for better water ratios, I get better than 1 good to 1 bad which is excellent.

View attachment 7073

Anything else just ask.

ps I got a aquatec shut off valve for about £30 from America, so when the float valve shuts off the water the booster pump shuts off as well.

Back