Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Frames & glass or just glass

Adam curtis

Just wondering how everyone does there's I do frames rinse then glass rinse every time how do u guys do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

All my frames get cleaned when they need it. Some it's every time. Those that stay pretty good get a clean but when they need it. I don't let any frames get bad.

I clean the whole lot everytime.

Clean the frames and glass in one go and then rinse.

The truth of it is it's impossible for me to do just glass, not how I'm programmed, if the customer said 'I'll pay an extra £10 if you leave the frames alone' I wouldn't get the extra £10, just cant get my head round not doing frames as the truth of the matter is when all your frames are done regular then the whole job takes no longer what so ever, probably faster, if just doing glass you have to 'avoid' the frames that would take time.

All my frames get cleaned when they need it. Some it's every time. Those that stay pretty good get a clean but when they need it. I don't let any frames get bad.
Yep agree. If the frames still look clean then I will wait until next time. The sills get done every time though:thumbsup:

frames every time otherwise it's half a job. Dosnt matter how mutch shine is on the glass. If the frames are dirty it don't look right.

I've said it on here before

The clue is in the name

WINDOW frame

WINDOW sill

WINDOW pane

I am a WINDOW cleaner so I clean the lot as that's what i get paid for

I picked up 3 today as there old window cleaner used wfp but only does the glass and the frames were minging can't see how they get away with

I never let the frames get dirty and have never, ever had a customer complain that I'm not cleaning the frames. If its a quite road, sometimes the frames are still clean from last time so not a problem leaving them I.m.o. If they are even slightly dirty, I will clean them. Works for me :thumbsup:

i allways do glass frains and sills apart from bad wood fraims that paint is bad then ill leve top and do rest or ill trad them and wipe top with scrim most fraims just need a wet brush swiped oner the top[ as they stay clean even after 7 weeks

I never let the frames get dirty and have never, ever had a customer complain that I'm not cleaning the frames. If its a quite road, sometimes the frames are still clean from last time so not a problem leaving them I.m.o. If they are even slightly dirty, I will clean them. Works for me :thumbsup:
Same here.

Another reason I don't do all the frames every time is that in my experience an awful lot of them let water in, especially when customers pull the top openers shut or I have pushed them shut but they are not locked down and pulled in tight. This I have received complaints about on occasion when I have washed over the top of frames. Not many but complaints none the less. Some you can see water running down the inside of the panes and on others puddles of water have appeared on window ledges inside even though I can't see it running down the panes inside.

I always make it abundantly clear to my customers that their satisfaction is important to me and that if they are not happy in any way with the service I provide then I will rectify it if I reasonably can.

Clean the whole lot. guy round our way cleans just glass wfp they may look clean inside looking out but from the road they still have that dirty look as the frames are minging can't beat nice clean frames round clean glass.

I don't think I could do the frames everytime, I wouldn't have the confidence in walking away knowing that they are going to be spotless. The majority of my windows have vents

I don't think I could do the frames everytime, I wouldn't have the confidence in walking away knowing that they are going to be spotless. The majority of my windows have vents
I know what you mean. A good many of mine do too.

If you keep communication open and friendly with your customers, then if there's a problem they will tell you in a reasonable way and you can deal with it. That's the way I've always worked and it has worked for me. I have also taken over customers where previous wfpers have left them in a bad state and I've gained more work through these customers.

Back