Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder slid out from me today

• Thread starter Solarpanelcleanington
  • Start date
S

Solarpanelcleanington

Saved by a bungee tied at the top!

Good to have a close call, I guess it's easy to get complacent.

Saved by a bungee tied at the top!Good to have a close call, I guess it's easy to get complacent.
Glad your ok. I can vividly remember being at the very top of my A frame ladder cleaning away, then watching in horror as the tip of the ladder started moving down the million bar of the window. It was like slow motion. It suddenly stopped as the bottom of the ladder caught on a slightly raised slab on the patio.

Precariously I crept down and off the ladder and cursed myself for not checking how slippery the patio was.

Bloody frightened the sh1t out of me that did. Bet most have had close calls on here

I think most of us have had a fall in the past

It certainly makes you less complacent afterwards

Glad you're ok mate as it could have been painfull

you normally have one fall then vow it will never happen again

sure there are more accidents with guys falling of short ladders doing bottoms,

all my ,mates have had a tumble off short Aframes

Came off the ladder in beginning of February, stupidly on slush! Damaged ligaments in my ankle but was lucky, immediately went and got dedicated ladder feet with a large footprint.

Been in a tight spot once in 16yrs , nearly made me a criple or flower-nutrition :confused:, was sick the next Day from that intense adrenalin-shot ! never taking chances again ! its 4 yrs ago ..

Back