Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Residential or commercial

Tom in leeds

Hi guys,

I currently have a decent 1 man band round which is 99% domestic and is steadily expanding. I'm on the verge of buying another van for my new employee. My main question is what are your experiences of targeting the commercial market? Is it more lucrative and are there more things to think of than meets the eye? Cheers.

It can pay well plus it's a one lump rather than lots of small payments

But It's more competitive and it can be here one minute gone the next

Where in Leeds are you Tom

Personally I prefer commercials to residentials. Get somewhere and stay there for hours. I like starting early as well. Always start at 5am on a Monday. Park my van. It doesn't move for 6/7 hours. Done a school last week. Got another to do this Tuesday.

Yeah that's kind of what I thought. My round is mainly Weatherby way. I'm based near otley
Nice one

We lived in Otley for years

Moved up Rawdon way

my rounds in Bramhope and Ilkley - what's your van I will look out for you

I like having about 15-20% of my round being commercial and view it as bread and butter. Set days, times and gets cleaned regardless.

Much more difficult to recruit new commercials as its saturated and highly competitive down here. One tip is if you see a new place being refurbed, built etc get your card in there quick, I sometimes even hand write something and pop it all in an envelope - works for me.

Also - commercials have a knack of just contacting me out of the blue. Been told that they've seen my van etc so sign writing (with website details) has also been a plus in getting new ones.

Back