Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Chasing BACS payments

Poles Apart

Getting fed up of chasing these up reminded customer yesterday she hadn't paid replied saying sorry and had paid yesterday checked bank statement and hasn't paid another embarrassing text to send only recently started taking these what a nightmare.

Get her to set up a direct debit or standing order or sign her up on GoCardless. If she won't, **** her off

I know the feeling mate. I have a couple of customers that have always been great cash payers but now they do it online it's a nightmare chasing them up.

How does go cardless work? Does it have to be a regular payment or can you choose the payment dates if the cleans are irregular?

I think most people are just forgetful and need a polite reminder. There's the odd few who string it out til payday.

I put a payment slip through their door once I've cleaned. On it is the date and price and a a short sentence asking for payment within five days. I normally give it ten days or so before I chase them up.

Here's one from yesterday.
6446b9a66f5190b010617e63e819d172.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I know the feeling mate. I have a couple of customers that have always been great cash payers but now they do it online it's a nightmare chasing them up.
I've recently started offering this service but quickly found the same. So now I only offer it to customers I have trouble finding at home for whatever reason. This seems to work reasonably well.

Back