Guest boarcity

the heavy weight sleeve

Guest boarcity

amongst the ones iv tried the Ettore is the heaviest. its not a dripper -really hangs onto its waterloadettore.jpg.e6a933de7c71a4659a65164f44642d98.jpg - does my arm in

dyou know of a real heavy un?

TolishAPurd

Is that the porky boar? I find the porky one of the lighter ones. The moerman holds a tonne of water and gets heavy on use, as does the ninja, but not so bad. I could probably do with a new sleeve now you mention it.

Guest boarcity
Is that the porky boar? I find the porky one of the lighter ones. The moerman holds a tonne of water and gets heavy on use, as does the ninja, but not so bad. I could probably do with a new sleeve now you mention it.

not the porky, its the ettore microfibre. if i hear of anyone who swears by it ,id shake his hand as surely must be a strongman [or possibly a masochist ! ]

thats a point,if you want to beat yourself up ,truly "feel the burn before lunchtime" recommend you buy the ettore microfibre

Adams0211

I've only ever used two different sleeves. The Porcupine (which I used on first cleans) and the Unger monsoon which, as the name suggests, held a lot of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Guest boarcity

gunth2.jpg.2cc46e169fc9bef3b82cff5309c6659c.jpg heres a lady windie i know using an ettore , note the bulge on her arm muscle necessary to "work the weight "

shes now lookin to retire !

gunth23.jpg.c49b2f7a9d2708de5521fb7235ed5807.jpg

Guest boarcity
I've only ever used two different sleeves. The Porcupine (which I used on first cleans) and the Unger monsoon which, as the name suggests, held a lot of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

youve had a charmed life it seems [both those are not so heavy]

CHWS

I know guys who had them ettoree 1s for 3 years and never needed to replace them every day use.

TolishAPurd

There's a lot to be said for light gear. I made a conscious effort last year to make all my gear lighter my making the switch to unger stuff and lighter ladders, and it does make a difference to how your feel by the end of the working day.

Duncs
amongst the ones iv tried the Ettore is the heaviest. its not a dripper -really hangs onto its waterload[ATTACH=full]10192[/ATTACH] - does my arm in

dyou know of a real heavy un?

when i was trad this was my choice ettore as mentioned lasted ages

Guest boarcity
There's a lot to be said for light gear. I made a conscious effort last year to make all my gear lighter my making the switch to unger stuff and lighter ladders, and it does make a difference to how your feel by the end of the working day.

my favourite sleeve[syr tiger]syrtiger2.jpg.77b5fb2cd70b2750549dc1c5a44693e8.jpg is pretty light.one of the lightweights. but the main reason its my favourite is because the fibres are made from quite a coarse material . this is only apparent After its been broken in-as it comes new the fibres are soft and it needs to break in first . one downside is its a real dripper but to me its pros outweigh the cons.

syrtiger.jpg.60dd625bf27ae746e5d16dfaa1880d41.jpg

Clisty1989

I've been using an ettore for a few weeks as I needed a new sleeve and it was a freebie off a friend. It is bloody heavy, you feel it after a few days with it!! Buying some new toys next week so gonna replace it with a lighter one, and keep it for a spare

hutch

my favourite at the moment is the toplock from window clean centre. holds a lot of water without being heavy and lasts years.

Danfire

Same as Adams0211....Unger Monsoon for everyday, maintenance cleans and Ettore Porcupine for first cleans.....Monsoons getting a bit worn, might take a look at alternatives but would have no issues with replacing with the same again.

Damo J

I use the monsoon, definately holds water well. But once ive dipped i rinse it pretty well, dont like loads of water on the windows unless its a first clean. For the sake of a quick dip, saves me time mopping up excess water.