Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

the heavy weight sleeve

Is that the porky boar? I find the porky one of the lighter ones. The moerman holds a tonne of water and gets heavy on use, as does the ninja, but not so bad. I could probably do with a new sleeve now you mention it.

Is that the porky boar? I find the porky one of the lighter ones. The moerman holds a tonne of water and gets heavy on use, as does the ninja, but not so bad. I could probably do with a new sleeve now you mention it.
not the porky, its the ettore microfibre. if i hear of anyone who swears by it ,id shake his hand as surely must be a strongman [or possibly a masochist ! ]

thats a point,if you want to beat yourself up ,truly "feel the burn before lunchtime" recommend you buy the ettore microfibre

I've only ever used two different sleeves. The Porcupine (which I used on first cleans) and the Unger monsoon which, as the name suggests, held a lot of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've only ever used two different sleeves. The Porcupine (which I used on first cleans) and the Unger monsoon which, as the name suggests, held a lot of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
youve had a charmed life it seems [both those are not so heavy]

I know guys who had them ettoree 1s for 3 years and never needed to replace them every day use.

There's a lot to be said for light gear. I made a conscious effort last year to make all my gear lighter my making the switch to unger stuff and lighter ladders, and it does make a difference to how your feel by the end of the working day.

There's a lot to be said for light gear. I made a conscious effort last year to make all my gear lighter my making the switch to unger stuff and lighter ladders, and it does make a difference to how your feel by the end of the working day.
my favourite sleeve[syr tiger]View attachment 7149 is pretty light.one of the lightweights. but the main reason its my favourite is because the fibres are made from quite a coarse material . this is only apparent After its been broken in-as it comes new the fibres are soft and it needs to break in first . one downside is its a real dripper but to me its pros outweigh the cons.

View attachment 7148

I've been using an ettore for a few weeks as I needed a new sleeve and it was a freebie off a friend. It is bloody heavy, you feel it after a few days with it!! Buying some new toys next week so gonna replace it with a lighter one, and keep it for a spare

Same as Adams0211....Unger Monsoon for everyday, maintenance cleans and Ettore Porcupine for first cleans.....Monsoons getting a bit worn, might take a look at alternatives but would have no issues with replacing with the same again.

I use the monsoon, definately holds water well. But once ive dipped i rinse it pretty well, dont like loads of water on the windows unless its a first clean. For the sake of a quick dip, saves me time mopping up excess water.

Latest Posts

Back