Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Federation of Window Cleaners

Hi guys, just wondered if any of you were / are members of the FWC or similar associations, and what it's all about. Is it worth it? Seems kind of steep price wise. But you'll know more than me.

Thanks for any help,

Matt

I was a member of FWC the only good thing about it is you get discounts from SOME suppliers but to be honest you can get cheaper and same equipment from other suppliers, also you get the logo so if your going for commercial work it's a little thing to say look I'm a member of the FWC, to be honest no it's not worth it anyone can win contracts without it and the whole 2 years I was with them I never got one job being a member

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Waste of time & money IMO, federations normally are, might get the odd discount here n there & a few flick n bin magazines but nothing to make the yearly premium worth it.

Prob get the same discounts by just calling up and haggling a bit on the phone.

we have been members of F.W.C for 10+ years and honestly we haven't had a job in northern Ireland from them at all ,think its time to pull the plug on them as was told when we first did join and weve got others from over here to join they said from time to time we get jobs ,well weve had companys from England ,Scotland and wales ,doing building over here shops included ,if they wanted to take care of there members they should contact these builders and recommend there members ,instead of making money outa us ,so this year I'm sure we will be pulling the plug on them and not renewing

Been a member for a while and will probably stop after this year runs out.

Totally pointless like most.

Your paying to use a logo hardly any one in modern window cleaning has heard of.

I also had a website that I built and managed myself, was no good. Now I pay a professional to manage it (@Gav ) and get daily leads from it.
The old addage os true, you get what you pay for.
Well I ain't getting what I pay for it's built by one of the biggest website builders in the world web.com owned by Scoot they are one of Googles top 10 partners it's £30 per month fixed and I can edit it myself but it's supposed to be hosted.

Back