Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much would you charge roughly ?

Clearvision

cleaning since 2015
1e447a6c5a72af09c6635946ea6eaf71.jpg
7854889233f7bc80212268d7a6eeb89c.jpg
26acf94aa49ba6b6cf864c1ef1e409ce.jpg
88d567df8b155a7c7894e8900abe3b83.jpg
707de8c90f493d2f39c8d5b2f607ac7a.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

As much as you want to earn per hour x how long it takes
thats a nightmare answer lol unless you have fair experience how do you know how long its gonna take, what he should of asked is how long do you reckon, i still have no idea of how long things take i just guess at price mostly

Looks like a school so they prob won't pay but I would say £750 is the minimum to do a decent job

Maybe go high and see if they go for it

It's an old DHL delivery building now brought by safety officers they asked for a price for the gutter, cladding, whites and windows at the front( big ones by white cladding) all other Windows are being changed, first time pricing up something like this, really could do with opinions

It really depends on what you are using to clean it and what gear you have . e.g. a hypo mix to softwash spray on or maybe pvc / RTF remover to brush in or just hot water and detergent and a brush on a pole etc. The cost of the chemicals will vary, the time taken to do it will vary depending on what gear you have and experience of using it in this way etc. If you don't know the square meters then you can't work out how much chemical it will take.

So, its really hard to give you an idea.

If it was me, I would either know what chemicals I was using from experience, or would have tried a few in a test area before quoting.

Sorry I can't help more /emoticons/sad.png

It really depends on what you are using to clean it and what gear you have . e.g. a hypo mix to softwash spray on or maybe pvc / RTF remover to brush in or just hot water and detergent and a brush on a pole etc. The cost of the chemicals will vary, the time taken to do it will vary depending on what gear you have and experience of using it in this way etc. If you don't know the square meters then you can't work out how much chemical it will take.
So, its really hard to give you an idea.

If it was me, I would either know what chemicals I was using from experience, or would have tried a few in a test area before quoting.

Sorry I can't help more /emoticons/sad.png
I was going to use water and elbow grease ?

Need to use a nice soft wash mix as said above far faster and better job

Looks to be a good 2 day job. But it be hard getting the money needed. I'd be looking 600

Or u could throw them a price to do that clear the gutters and do the power washing as the place looks a mess

The gutters was cleared today as I'm a labourer for a roofing company window cleaning is a side job, so all it is is the cladding to be cleaned some windows and metal gutter, it's just surface dirt though the majority, like dust and grime, no bird muck or anything too bad

Need to use a nice soft wash mix as said above far faster and better job
Looks to be a good 2 day job. But it be hard getting the money needed. I'd be looking 600

Or u could throw them a price to do that clear the gutters and do the power washing as the place looks a mess
I'm new to window cleaning, what do you mean a nice soft wash mix?

Google soft wash

But I use hypo

Water

Soap

The mixture differs in strength as need to know how bad it is usually do few test patches

Who asked u for price did they just move in ? Just watch as place doesn't look like it gets maintained . U don't want to be stung for a big job like that

From the pics the place looks a right mess

They are family friends who just brought the unit for a health and safety company, theyre world wide so I cannot imagine not being paid, if I put soap into my tank can it ruin it when I want to go back to just pure water ?

I was going to use water and elbow grease ?

Good luck with elbow grease and water alone

Not wanting to sound condescending as i know you are new to this but you need to get on youtube and the net and research softwash and other chemicals like ubik2000 etc and techniques as those sort of jobs can be a 1 day job or a 5 day job depending on the choices you make

I know very experienced guys who have misjudged these sort of jobs massively and ended up not making enough to cover the time spent doing the job

Get on facebook softwash support uk and have a browse on there

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't use it that way mate. It would wreck ur pump.

U apply first then wash. I sometimes wet first if it's bone dry. Give them a price in for the whole lot

Also never put anything in your tank other than pure

Get a gardiners backpack for spraying chemicals or a proper setup for spraying softwash

There are some experienced guys on here like @Taxlossloz or @peter rogers who would be better to advise you on what gear to use

Back