Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much would you charge?

Bucko Jr

Good evening I have just been asked to quote for a full clean of this conservatory and 4 windows on the house, the windows on the house will be a 4 weekly clean. How much would you charge?

This is my first conny job,

Seen a lot of posts on about UBIK thinking of ordering some and trying it out what do you think?
69a7b819f552d452c7fafc0d4dc977bd.jpg
f902ce11a9eb663f66da606fa1f9bd8e.jpg
cdd2dade55bc1e658f5dfe869bb87ab2.jpg
94e6e096f360f54a56ae6664b1eac20b.jpg
23c963f07a993c5d25dd93f667e6f153.jpg
c82b40c83081b5890b3cf7a80ab03f56.jpg
14adb43f285c6043bbef1f22145efd24.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Can you sell them the gutter clearance too? there's stuff in the gutters, after the clean probably the dirt and moss will still drop off the gutters on to the newly cleaned roof.

I'd say that's a good type of conservatory to do as your first one. Nice and straightforward.

I find polycarbonate is easier and quicker to clean than glass as it doesn't matter so much if there's the odd speck of dirt as it can't be seen from underneath.

It's also easier as you can can just use tap water on the roof rather than pure water. Ask the customer if you can use their tap to save taking your own water.

Definitely use ubik. Mix it with some water in a large spray bottle and give the roof a good spray. Give the sides a squirt too.

Price is difficult because it depends on area and everyone charges differently but I'd probably be looking at £50 for that conservatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'd try for £80 for the conny. £10 for the windows maybe? The end caps have come off the conny roof struts, have they fallen in the gutter? I'd tell them they are missing before you start work. A good spray of Virosol over 2 panels scrub, rinse a bit and repeat. Do the cladding and outside of the gutters before you give the actual roof a final rinse.

I'm in Nottinghamshire. I have quoted the custy £50 for the roof and 2 sides of the conny as one side we can't get to and will be doing the gutters aswell.

I got the job.

Jim root don't think I would to be fair the custy thought £50 was a lot

Adams0211 What ratio would I use the UBIK in? As this will be the first time using UBIK.

I think it is a cheap price and wish I had quoted a little more. Tuffers

Re-price it. Don't want to do a job and be bitter while doing it, it's a full spring clean they're after to use the con all summer, worth £120 IMO and include the roof gutter

I'm not going to re price it as I need some pictures of work we have done on my website and on Facebook page. I'm going to bite the bullet and do it for the £50 I quoted the custy. You only learn by your mistakes.... Lol

If it turns out I under priced it and it comes up really good I will be happy anyway as I've learn something and I know for next time to price more, if that make Sence. Looking forward to doing it now. It's booked in for Saturday.

I'm not going to re price it as I need some pictures of work we have done on my website and on Facebook page. I'm going to bite the bullet and do it for the £50 I quoted the custy. You only learn by your mistakes.... LolIf it turns out I under priced it and it comes up really good I will be happy anyway as I've learn something and I know for next time to price more, if that make Sence. Looking forward to doing it now. It's booked in for Saturday.
Have you got some magic sponges? They will help put a finishing touch on the white plastics.

I'm in Nottinghamshire. I have quoted the custy £50 for the roof and 2 sides of the conny as one side we can't get to and will be doing the gutters aswell.I got the job.

Jim root don't think I would to be fair the custy thought £50 was a lot

Adams0211 What ratio would I use the UBIK in? As this will be the first time using UBIK.

I think it is a cheap price and wish I had quoted a little more. Tuffers
Don't wish to burst your bubble but that conny I would have quoted at £80, would have said I throw in windows for free, they only take a few mins WFP.

As for thee rear gutter £25 to clear it or £55 for clear an d clean but as not white PVC I would have just gone with the clear.

So £105 all in. - So if he don't like the price he don't have to have the service.

These prices are not too steep for Nottingham as I am in Nottingham and charge those sorts of prices all day and get it.

Before you sell yourself as a cheap service think of what you want your time to be worth moving forward, do you want to be a 'cheap cleaner' or a cleaner known for a quality service?

As this is your first be sure to take a load of before and after photos so you can choose a few good ones to promote yourself moving forward.

BTW, how much you charge for a terrace? I need a window cleaner! /emoticons/tongue.png

I normally just add a large splash of ubik and top up with water. It's probably about 10 parts water to one part ubik.

I don't think you'll regret pricing it at £50, especially as you're there doing other work. Looking at it again, the other guys are probably right and it's worth more than £50 but that won't take you more than an hour.

turffs what do you mean magic sponges?

green pro I went with my gut and now got to deal with it lol even if I have under priced this job I will be happy to have lots of pics to promote my business. and it will be a learning curve for me and my dad as its the first deep clean to a conny.

I don't want to sell myself as a cheap cleaning service like you say I want to sell my business for the quality of work and the quality of the end result after the clean.

haha what your address I can come round and quote it ;-P on a serious note terraces we charge from 7.50 to around 10 pound. thanks for the advice on the UBIK. I cant find anywhere round me that sells it so got to order off line.

adams0211 I thought the same I thought it would take about 1 hour max so went for it but I know for next time to go abit higher on price. I not regret it like you say as will only take about 1 hour and I will have learn abit from the job for my next job and like I said I will have lots of pics to premote my business :)

Latest Posts

Back