Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to spend a rainy afternoon :)

Magic sponges take pride of place in my van, never without them, work great as you know, I also like to soak mine in diluted Ubik on a first clean, brings them frames up to the day they were installed, customers love you for it, I buy mine from home bargains normally stock up with what they have on the shelf once in a while, don't cost much at all. Also there good with a spray of solvent on to remove marks on Upvc front doors where people have scuffed there shoes etc, takes seconds.

My oppinion on magic sponges are they are poo . Just throwing it out there /emoticons/biggrin.png
What do prefer to use @CHWS ? I think for overall speed sponges are a great option and cheap as chips.

Well I done a pvc job the other day, firstly I would say they are easier on a wet day as the green is nice and wet and easier to get off.

I use a microfiber cloth just. I use pure TFR on it and it the thickest of green wiped off like dust in 1 minute . There was parts of the pvc that I didn't use the TFR on and it was so much harder! I bought magic sponges in the pound shop the other day because I seen people on this mention them and washed my kitchen cupboards to test them and thought they were pretty wick. It didn't lift the dirt and seemed to wash it around the cupboard lol

I seen people on this mention them and washed my kitchen cupboards to test them and thought they were pretty wick. It didn't lift the dirt and seemed to wash it around the cupboard lol
you sure you bought magic sponges and not just a plain white dish sponge /emoticons/biggrin.png

TBF I have tried loads of products from high end trade stuff to cheap Upvc cleaners and magic sponges def stay in my van and are used on all firsts that need the frames bringing up, Ubik and other TFR's are great for muck removal but without agitation from a non scratch scourer I find it lacks in brighening up white Upvc, dip the magic sponge in Ubik or your TFR and you have kinda got a double whammy, saying this though I have done fascias that even a magic sponge wont bring up, but they were really old and badly weathered.

Yes there was 2 in a box. They are white and they broke easy. Did I maybe read the other day the white ones are **** or was it the blue?

What was the clue?Company name: Green Pro Clean

My name: Darren Green?

/emoticons/tongue.png
Ha actually I didn't see either

It was the plastic roof pic

Why do people put that **** in and not glass

nice pictures, that last one of the window sill looks amazing after the magic sponge, ive never used it on the job, got some in the kitchen, wonder if the misses will notice it gone?

Ive tried a few different magic sponge brands, some are definately better than others. Bought a big block one that you break off and it was higher quality, lasted longer. My last one was rubbish, went soft and squishy and hard work, small one

Green and Davey boy did you see Henry brick and reply to my post regarding softwash training course ?

I'd be interested in your thoughts ...

Latest Posts

Back