Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing and Equipment for this job

dave83

Good Evening from a rainy suffolk market town,

Just looking for some advice on how to do this job (attached picture).

3 bed house with extension put on the back, current window cleaner can't get to the windows on the left above the extension.

I have a gardiners slx 22 pole and currently if in a busy town centre i can reach the 2nd floor windows but have to stay on the pavement (close to the windows)because of the road. I was thinking that with the extension coming out so far I would need to stand quite far back. The angle would be similar to ten past eight on a wall clock.

I've priced it at £12 a month working on £1 a window, £1.50 for doors, possibly might need a 5 ft extension added to the 22 foot pole. I'm now thinking it should of been £15 due to it being abit more tricky.

I would welcome your suggestions.

View attachment 7356

View attachment 7357

View attachment 7358

That is a steep angle and probably just out of effective reach for a 22

Green has the right idea

Just get the top of your body over the roofline and you'll be fine

Thanks Green Pro, i was thinking the same thing, still need ladders for certain jobs!
Try as i might i can't eliminate ladders from work completely

I don't know how these guys who refuse to use ladders get all their jobs done

Heard a guy the other day saying how he doesn't use his ladders AT ALL anymore -

Why spend ££££ on van and WFP etc then not carry a £100 ladder that will last years without any probs and earn thousands

Annoys me

Suppose it depends how easy it is to get your ladders on and off, takes me about 10 mins each way so i only use them for one offs like connys and then begrudgingly. I would just buy a longer pole or not take the job, suppose it depends if you price it well enough to be worth getting the ladders off for

I do it all, n wouldnt knock anyone for their style, each to their own, love wfp n love trad.

I have just fitted my roof bars to my fiat doblo, was a nightmare trying to reach n put rhino clamps on, had to get my hop up out. I'm 6' with orungatang arms as well. I have a combo ladder in my van to access roofs, when need arises.

It only takes 30 seconds to get the big ladders off @Damo 's transit custom roof with the old wind down clamps

a roller on the back makes a big difference

I like wfp but it is a means to an end (getting cash in my pocket)

I was born to trad and it makes my work enjoyable but you need wfp in your arsenal even if just to avoid dangerous ladder placements and breaking your neck

Damo is minted obviously, sometimes I think a job would be much quicker with ladders n spit feathers when getting pole hose caught everywhere, but in the end, I've fell of once n feel the effects of it most days, so I'd rather stick to skipping rocky style with my pole hose.

Good Evening from a rainy suffolk market town,
Just looking for some advice on how to do this job (attached picture).

3 bed house with extension put on the back, current window cleaner can't get to the windows on the left above the extension.

I have a gardiners slx 22 pole and currently if in a busy town centre i can reach the 2nd floor windows but have to stay on the pavement (close to the windows)because of the road. I was thinking that with the extension coming out so far I would need to stand quite far back. The angle would be similar to ten past eight on a wall clock.

I've priced it at £12 a month working on £1 a window, £1.50 for doors, possibly might need a 5 ft extension added to the 22 foot pole. I'm now thinking it should of been £15 due to it being abit more tricky.

I would welcome your suggestions.
To do that window from the ground I reckon you'd need a 35' pole.

Minted lol.

Having just handed in my accounts and worked out what I had spent I would say stupid is more of a better term /emoticons/biggrin.png

Lol. Spend more on **** than I'm meant to

Account outlined how much I spend on hose connections

Going to see a gu who makes hydro hoses so might change over totem

Also a multi ladder that folds in the van does that climb. Takes seconds to get it out

I done one today shuda took pic for use I have cople tomorrow and. They're simple

On another note of trad cleaning a guy asked me for job said he been cleaning windows for years in said to him to clean my front window. Lol he took a few sheets kitchen roll over an wiped it

Minted lol.
Having just handed in my accounts and worked out what I had spent I would say stupid is more of a better term /emoticons/biggrin.png
Glad I'm not the only one, accountant came to pick up the books tonight, I would be minted if it wasn't for all this wfp equipment, better of with a set of ladders n a squeegee

To be fair my new accountant was shocked at my turnover for this year. Considering I just wash Windows he said.

"What sorta van you got" he asked.

That one over there. The one worth more than that Porsche :whistle::rofl:

Back