Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ubik at 20% on self clean glass..

Trev81

Ok I am certain I have used ubik on glass roofs before with no ill effects but does anybody know if its ok to do so as a rule?

I have a few connys coming in as running a advert for valets as were getting into better weather months, I have a good sized one to quote thats very dirty on the plastics but is a large glass roof one, my standard approach to polycarbonate is ubik and this one will def need a helping hand with something other than just water.

Depends if it is self cleaning or just glass

Most glass it is fine but that thermal self cleaning stuff (with the rainbow tint to it looking from outside) i wouldn't use it

Yeh I have heard this before but I am sure I have done them before that I know were self clean, I think aslong as it dont sit too long and never gets close to drying on it should be ok? This one I have to quote has lots of tree sap and general dirty build up on the glass so I think it needs something on it to lift it all

I would test it with a little on a cloth in an inconspicuous spot and see what happens

Some are ok and some aren't

Back