Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New vans?

Luke Barnard

Ok...having spent a not particularly small fortune fixing my van, got it back last week and been desperately trying to catch up on work...well this morning I pull off the motorway and as I slow the deafening noise of my ladders on the roof drops to reveal the even less pleasant sound of knocking big end bearings :mad: oil all over the underside of the van and I recon its f##ked!!!

It's with a different garage now and hopefully it's something the previous garage cocked up but it's got me thinking about going for a new van lease/finance deal.....

.....so anyway what kind of deals have you lot with new or 2/3 year old vans managed to get? Downpayment, monthly payment, balloon payment figures? Warrantee, any freebees. If you don't wanna post it on here I'd really appreciate a pm.

Oh and I'll need to be able to make holes for tank frame or have garage do it if a receipt for work is needed.

I'd really appreciate anybodies input.

I feel your pain mate. I never find buying vehicles easy. I have looked at the leasing, contract hire offers and found that they appeared to be quite restricting as to the allowed mileage and also to cutting holes in the floor for piping etc. We decided it was better to get a bank loan and buy a decent van. Pay the loan off over five years and then start again.

£7500 is costing £137 a month over five years.

I know you were asking about new vans but I thought I would throw this in as no one else has come backing answering your question in full.

I feel your pain mate. I never find buying vehicles easy. I have looked at the leasing, contract hire offers and found that they appeared to be quite restricting as to the allowed mileage and also to cutting holes in the floor for piping etc. We decided it was better to get a bank loan and buy a decent van. Pay the loan off over five years and then start again.£7500 is costing £137 a month over five years.

I know you were asking about new vans but I thought I would throw this in as no one else has come backing answering your question in full.
That seems pretty decent. What year/mileage van would you be looking at for that sort of money? I think I want the Nissan electric van as my next . The days of modern diesels are on their way out imo

We have just bought a Fiat Doblo LWB @CHWS 1000kg payload 62 reg. 58000 on the clock. Spotless condition. £5495. The extra money will be used to fit it out and buy kit.

Next year we will get rid of the Transit and do the same again, possibly get another smaller van if it works out with the Doblo.

We have just bought a Fiat Doblo LWB @CHWS 1000kg payload 62 reg. 58000 on the clock. Spotless condition. £5495. The extra money will be used to fit it out and buy kit.
Next year we will get rid of the Transit and do the same again, possibly get another smaller van if it works out with the Doblo.
That sounds pretty decent...how many seats in the front of a doblo?

I chose the Primastar for its size, 2 front passenger seats and if I have to be honest its looks....never again though....radio failed....drivers window failed...central locking temperamental....four fuel injectors failed....gearbox is a ticking time bomb....rear door handle can be torn off and accessed with your bare hands and now the bottom end has melted!!

I know lots of these are on the road with many miles on the clock and still going strong but ffs I could have bought a much newer van with the money spent so far and earnt more too without all the downtime.

Ionics sell you a new van and system for £350 ish a month over 5 years, 10% down, no balloon and its yours at the end. I know when you add it up its over £20k but least I'd sleep at night.

Sorry I'm ranting.....

Not bad , my postman has a doblo and I remember him saying that he had to stop the van until it does some check thing all the time or something, must be some type of fault

I had a Doblo Cargo for just over a year it was costing me £300 a month over that period to keep it on the road had to have a new engine at 50k miles chain snapped really over stressed engine for the weight carried had nothing but problems with it useless turning circle massive blind spots now got a year old ford custom transit great choice so nice to drive 3 seats big enough to carry all equipment its so nice to drive I dive it outside of work and leave the car on the drive

I had a Doblo Cargo for just over a year it was costing me £300 a month over that period to keep it on the road had to have a new engine at 50k miles chain snapped really over stressed engine for the weight carried had nothing but problems with it useless turning circle massive blind spots now got a year old ford custom transit great choice so nice to drive 3 seats big enough to carry all equipment its so nice to drive I dive it outside of work and leave the car on the drive

That seems pretty decent. What year/mileage van would you be looking at for that sort of money? I think I want the Nissan electric van as my next . The days of modern diesels are on their way out imo
i like the idea of the electric van too, have you tried one out? you checked costs of installing the charger?

i like the idea of the electric van too, have you tried one out? you checked costs of installing the charger?
No I haven't I remember the

Someone in here had one and highly recommended it

Back