Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sacked for being too expensive!

Poles Apart

Just put most of my work up £2 just had two texts (and that's the only 2) saying it's too expensive one was from a guy who is well up at Land Rover he checks them as they come off the line and drives them around as company vehicles and takes them home haven't put any prices up for 4 years he said he's not paying £9 (was paying 7) 7 window bay up and down, porch door and extension double patio type doors on the side. Last week one customer who I have only been doing for a year went on a facebook community group and recommended me on there saying if anyone wants a cheap window cleaner who is good and reliable to contact me he's paying £12 and it takes me about 15 minutes even after walking through the house suppose the Land Rover guy thinks 2 of us run the business for nothing.

Forget about the clown.

If he's 7 quid and four custys pay the extra 2 quid you are a quid in front for not doing his windows.

Happy days

7 quid

I only have 5 customers under a tenner and they are tiny little houses

Gotta charge wht you need to and if he wants to leave then no bother

Round here fronts only is rare

Out of at a guess 300 customers i only have 1

Round here fronts only is rareOut of at a guess 300 customers i only have 1
It's weird that you have one front only and I have about twenty or so. Same town and all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I think it's become a habit in this road to have just the front done from when I was on ladders, access is only through the house as the garages were made for cars when they were small so only used to store clutter I have 2 which are front and back, I only have 8 jobs there now got it up to 30 once a lot of Asians have moved in over the years and they won't pay, I may remind the rest that I can do the back, I did mention it to one customer but he said he does the back himself:shake:

It's weird that you have one front only and I have about twenty or so. Same town and all that.

Where are your fronts then bud?

I have 1 in bray drive and that's it

I still charge her £8 as she has the dormer one in the roof like all the great ashby 3 floor houses do

Where are your fronts then bud?I have 1 in bray drive and that's it

I still charge her £8 as she has the dormer one in the roof like all the great ashby 3 floor houses do
Mainly Bedwell, a few on Chells Way and then a few dotted around town. It's mainly people with shite access who aren't there during the day to let me through the house.

See i don't touch chells way (dodgy part of town if you ask me:p)

I do a few up the other end round rayleigh and stanley which I know you cover too but none on the main road..oops nearly forgot the fascia house 171 chells way..so i actually do now since last week:gush:

See i don't touch chells way (dodgy part of town if you ask me:p)I do a few up the other end round rayleigh and stanley which I know you cover too but none on the main road..oops nearly forgot the fascia house 171 chells way..so i actually do now since last week:gush:
Not sure how you could nearly forget that one [emoji23]

Not sure how you could nearly forget that one [emoji23]

And i got 2 jobs out of it:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's because I don't put them up very often so percentage wise work that out over 4 years? It's 50p a year.
Yeah but it's a 30% increase. Inflation for 4 years is prob 5% at a guess. That's why he's dropped u at a guess. Don't be suprised tho. I'm suprised u didn't lose more. On the flip side it's your business so do as u please.

£2 on £7 will be a real increase of £2 in 7 years if I don't put them up for another 3 years, I don't put them up by the rate of inflation every year I'd be messing about with 50p increases on £10 jobs.

If I'd put them up £1 after 4 years then if I don't put them up for another 3 or four it would hardly be an increase. I took a calculated risk and put up about 50 houses £2 and most of the others £1 it factored in work that I deemed undercharged, Ok I've lost 1 the other was a new job I phoned done it twice she said £10 was too expensive so it wasn't one that was increased I've done it twice she used to have a trad man charging £4.

i

That's because I don't put them up very often so percentage wise work that out over 4 years? It's 50p a year.
personally dont think the customers will think like that

tight arxes will say fluken ell windows up £2, thats gd bit of coin over your hole round good on yeh

I'm the same but I think it may be better to increase by a pound every other year.

People expect a small increase occasionally.

Put one up last week from £11 to £15 as the few around him have moved or died and new work coming on the same size is priced at £17. He accepted reluctantly.

Back