Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Williams Jet Wash

smart seal course

Williams Jet Wash

anyone been on the smart sealcourse?

how much did it cost?

was it worthwhile?

have been on website but wanted some honest feebback from anyone who has been on course 1st hand

Taxlossloz

Dunno but sounds good

Knowledge is power !!

Seriously tho any training is good as once you learned it you can't lose it unlike some machinery etc

Taxlossloz

I am washing a customers drive who had it sealed and it's very good job - it's like the sand is glued into joints

Andy

Most important thing is you get a t,shirt and you won't get electrocuted.

Green Pro Clean Ltd
Most important thing is you get a t,shirt and you won't get electrocuted.

Behave. Smart seal don't give you a sticker fir the van or terriorty 'exclusivness' :P

johnny bravo

WILLIAMS JW did you go on the smartseal course

Williams Jet Wash
WILLIAMS JW did you go on the smartseal course

No

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I know a few lads like Tony at AB Jetting saying a waste of time.

Roland

I went on the Spin a Clean/Jetstream course when I first started and found it useful but it covered a lot of things not just sealant.

Williams Jet Wash

i'm staying away from sealing in future what a pain in the arris ive had this week 

Roland
1 hour ago, Williams Jet Wash said:

i'm staying away from sealing in future what a pain in the arris ive had this week 

What went wrong?

Have you used the setting sand?

tench0771

do u lads seal every job ?? or just sand unless custerd ask you to  ??

maddydog
20 hours ago, tench0771 said:

do u lads seal every job ?? or just sand unless custerd ask you to  ??

I offer a seal service but I'm happy just to clean and sand. Quicker, easier and fewer potential problems IMO

Williams Jet Wash

i'm not pushing sealing anymore agree with maddydog 

tench0771

geting a jet wash seems a lot more appeling now lol the sealing thing put me off realy i was thinking about adding a biodide wash before sanding to make it last does any one do this?

Cristian
16 hours ago, Williams Jet Wash said:

i'm not pushing sealing anymore agree with maddydog 

What issues have you been having with sealing jobs recently? 

9 hours ago, tench0771 said:

geting a jet wash seems a lot more appeling now lol the sealing thing put me off realy i was thinking about adding a biodide wash before sanding to make it last does any one do this?

That will work Tench and give a longer lasting clean if your not sealing the surface 

maddydog

I worry about the variables associated with sealing. It's a drive/patio that we have little idea about the substrate it is built on. A newly plastered wall or nice bit of timber is far more predictable imo. 

I try to steer the customer away from sealing as I dread to think how painful it would be to remove acrylic sealant gone wrong.

I clean and sand and recommend biocide wherever possible

Cristian

Are you just using plain old KDS or setting sand maddydog? 

maddydog

Just a small amount of kds. I explain to the customer that I am trying to get their drive back to close to the original as I can.

I've seen newly cleaned/sanded drives that look like the Sahara after downpours/strong winds but imo that's due to too much sand being used. 

Saying that I would try setting sand on a small area as an experiment.

Ben23
On 2017-5-24 at 18:32, maddydog said:

I clean and sand and recommend biocide wherever possible

This^^...........i find that sealing is a minefield, smartseal are an excellent product but very hard to sell to your customers as they will always get a cheaper quote from someone with an inferior product that does "just the same job" (it dosent, they get it and regret it but that still dosent put the cash in your pocket).now its just a case of clean, sand (setting sand if I can upsell it) and after care leaflet that states they need to keep on top of weeds if they went for regular KDS, cover your back, it will not last forever, it will recruit a whole lot of weeds if left unattended and you havent worked some kind of power washing based miracle that renders thier drive impervious to weeds or regrowth of whatever nasty was causing the problem in the first place

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Sealing is only as complex as YOU choose to make it.  We seal 99% of all the drives we do. 

ALL cleaning jobs are 80% preperation 20% work. 

Only reason not to seal is so you can have more regular repeat cleans as the weeds will come up faster. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.