Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

300 Gpd RO filter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

What's people thoughts on this ro system won't need tonnes of pure water only for gardiner backpack and 25 litres containers.

Den.

You will need to process water into a storage tank and decant it into 25 liter containers. A 300 GPD is the minimum a wfp cleaner needs to process water for every day with a van mount. So you will have sufficient starting with a backpack.

In future you can upgrade the r/o to a 450 GPD depending how this 300 GPD is achieved. Consider that the r/o of 300 GPD is US gallons and what it produces in 24 hours. You might achieve 1/3rd of those figures is real life.

Got exact same ro mate I've got 3 200 litre water butts to store water in then just fill 25 litre drums from there makes enough to keep backpack going

Nice to hear drake thanks for the info where I live is a hard water area limescale, so wondering how often I will need to change filters, membrane and resin.

Den.

Check the price is 147.83 + VAT and + delivery (not sure what the delivery price is.)

The photo shows two membrane housings but the specs say 3.

The way some suppliers are getting 300 GPD out of 2 membranes is to use 150 GPD membranes.

If they have 3 membrane housings then they are using 100 GPD membranes. The upgrade is to fit 150 GPD membranes in place of 100 GPD ones.

Personally, I would go for the 450 GPD and be done with it.

See the prices from Daqua

Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems and Water Filters with Axeon Membranes

A 450 GPD is £150.00 + VAT including delivery. So for a fraction more (less than £3 + VAT) you will have a 50% output increase. That sounds a lot but these r/o's aren't fast water producers. Depending on PF's delivery charges, you may even be better off.

You will also need to consider a DI vessel and resin to polish the water tds off.

If you haven't a tds meter, then you need one - a genuine one - not a fake off Ebay.

-

Nice to hear drake thanks for the info where I live is a hard water area limescale, so wondering how often I will need to change filters, membrane and resin.
Den.
i think filters are every 3month I got the 10" di with it been using it about 6weeks and still getting 000tds from 200tds going in and the membranes are yearly I think mate

Den.
If you have a Fiberdyne 10" carbon block prefilter, then its service life is 38000 liters according to the manufacturers. That 38,000 liters is waste and pure added together. If your unit is set to 3 waste to 1 pure then you will get 9500 liters of pure before you need to replace the prefilter. If the r/o is set to 2 waste to 1 pure then you will get 12500 liters of pure before you need to replace the prefilter.

We use an inline water meter to measure the amount of water passing through the r/o so replacement time is easier to manage.

Membrane replacement is a little more difficult to guess as your water composition is the key factor. Water with limescale is going to effect membrane longevity. I'm inclined to agree with @drae. Expect a year and every month thereafter is a bonus. (Our 450 GPD r/o membranes lasted 6 years. Our water tds was 254 for 3 years and after the pipes were relined it dropped to 125.)

Some would suggest you fit a water softener. That in itself has maintenance issues and costs. A water softener removes the calcium and magnesium ions and replaces them with sodium ions. This means that the water still has the same tds, its just that sodium (salt) ions are kinder on membranes.

There is no perfect solution. For you it will be a balancing act. It doesn't make sense spending £500 on a water softener to save £100 on membranes. You might also consider supplementing your water supply with rain water, especially during the wetter months.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys for all the info learning some much on this forum also money to be saved just by you fellas pointing me in the right direction.

Den.

Jimmy I have that exact same one and buyer saved in my eBay from last night thanks for postings.

Den.

Got the Gpd 450 along with di vessel spare filters and some extra resin today from Collins water products then even refund me £9 back as package altogether haven't used it yet will set it up tomorrow only order yesterday spot on with their delivery impressed with them so far thanks to you guys for pointing me in the right direction.

Den.

Thanks macca already set up glad you pointed me in the Collins water products I ordered the ro, extra pre filters, DI vessel with resin and extra resin paid them and then they refunded nearly £9 back as postage was grouped together also received the package next day tracked great service well pleased.

Big thanks.

Den.

View attachment 7598

Great customer service well happy with them, was looking at basically the same ro system at difference places the forum and members have defo saved me a few quid.

I will be adding an 11l di vessel though

The small ones will get saturated too quickly

A 25l bag should last me a year easily with what i use

Back