Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got my first Facia Clean coming up - any tips?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PJ Bullard

Can anyone recommend any cleaning product which will work wonders on the facia boards? I am inclined to go with a strong UPVC cleaning chemical which a cleaning supply shop near me promotes. However I want to make sure I get the right product.

Also any other recommendations about applying it? I will use my ladder on most parts of the house (its detached) but on a couple of areas there are some sticking out parts if you will, which makes the use of a ladder impossible so I plan on using a water fed brush for those parts.

I just worry that I may not be able to clear the muck off. I am a traditional windy and this is literally my first facia board clean request, and I've accepted it.

What do you guys usually do? Many thanks

Get some ubik

About 19 quid for 10l on amazon

Dilute with water in bucket about half a litre in a trad bucket half full with water

Use that with a cloth and all the green and black dirt and mould will come straight off

If there are any grey tiger stripes on the fascias that don't come off use a magic sponge

buy a pressure sprayer for your ubik!!!and dilute,get up the ladder and spray all gutters soffits.

Last edited by a moderator:
UBIK works an absolute treat mate, don't forget your standoff for the ladders to make it easier for you to do, I'm purely trad but use a soft head car wash brush dipped in the UBIK/water mix and then brush over the manky areas, then wipe down with cloth afterwards, and stubborn black marks I use a magic sponge to try and shift. Just watch the gutter clips after you clean as you can get run offs from these areas.

Ubik is all you need mate, and a couple of magic sponges if you really want to go to town on them, if there not that bad just ubik will be great, then I use a microfibre cloth on a dry brush after to dry them all off via the pole.

I got the UBIK and used it and it worked a treat. The grime came off easy peasy. I ended up using my telescopic pole and screwing on a brush that I normally use on conservatories. I sprayed the UBIK on where I could and where I couldn't I dipped the brush in a diluted bucket of UBIK.

UBIK is potent though so I had to wear thick waterproof gloves that I normally wear in winter to stop my hands getting splashed. Also worn my glasses as you wouldn't want it in your eyes!

Overall though I am happy that I got the stuff. I ended up paying only 7.99 for a 5 litre tub of it as well because I got it from a supplier in a nearby town.

Cheers Daveyboy for the original recommendation

I wouldn't worry too much about it going on your hands. Mine always get covered in the stuff and they've been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I get it all over my hands and spray it in my eyes regularly (accidentally not purposely )

No harm done

Virosol on the other hand cracks my skin and takes all the moisture out

If i have a dirty hose from dog mess etc i will wet a rag with neat ubik and run the hose through it while reeling it in..no issues with my hands

I have done a couple recently spraying hypo on the dirty areas and then hosing off for the most part. Scrubbing with a brush and re-applying if required. Seems to work very well and is fairly efficient on time.

I got it all over me now and have had all day due to 3 conservatory roofs and an exterior clean

Apart from being a bit soggy I'm fine

This is why I use it

All the fascias on this were dark green when i got there today and after a spray with ubik it just melted off

View attachment 7577

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a nice job I did using ubik a few months ago.

f900fe60a425f6a9067260ae689887fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back