Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazz K

EU Vote: In or Out?

Will you vote to stay in or leave the EU?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dave B

From a logistical point of view the more people there are the more pressure on hospitals, schools, doctors etc

No matter where they are from it is more people to deal with

Spartan
From a logistical point of view the more people there are the more pressure on hospitals, schools, doctors etc

No matter where they are from it is more people to deal with

Er....... That's what I said....

Increase of people has to be finite

Dave B

Err no this is what i was responding to:

"However limits to immigration will do nothing for roads/schools/doctors/hospitals ..... IMHO limiting immigration for that reason is a smoke screen"

Diwrnach

According to the police report for Warwickshire the race crime in Warwickshire has risen dramatically, the week before the referendum there was only five reports of race crime, the following week there was a staggering six! bloody terrible!

Jimroot

I've not noticed a single thing change in and around Birmingham

Diwrnach

I think its a load of shite myself. The statistics for Warwickshire are fairly telling. So the whole of Warwickshire there was 5 pre brexit, if that went up to 7 the following week you could say it had risen 50%.

Its hardly worth mentioning is it? apart from the obvious anti Brexit media.

Dave B

Never believe the media anyway

The papers and the bbc report what they are told to anyway

Spartan

Comparing one week to the very next week is pointless anyway.

Compare the same week for 2016 with 2015... That's the way you make comparisons or even better over a much longer time period.

Diwrnach

Exactly, all this knee jerk reactionary stuff is bloody stupid.

steve garwood
North-East and North Yorkshire set to lose £665m of EU funding after Brexit[/url]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

We have voted out the E.U. So of course places will lose eu funding. The idea is fir us to see what we can do managing our own finances

Spartan

hhhhmmmm..... and whats the likelihood that the government will make up the difference that the authority will lose.??

No doubt certain areas of the country will have a considerable shortfall, and most likely the poorest and hardest hit areas...:(

Diwrnach

Need that crystal ball again.

You can't say that areas will definitely have a shortfall, how do you know they aren't right now drafting something that will make sure all the areas that got money will continue to do so?

Also who is to say the EU would of continued to give them that money forever anyway?

Spartan
Need that crystal ball again.

You can't say that areas will definitely have a shortfall, how do you know they aren't right now drafting something that will make sure all the areas that got money will continue to do so?

Also who is to say the EU would of continued to give them that money forever anyway?

well as for drafting - we simply dont know.

as for continued EU support, again we dont know.

All i do know is that its likely that some areas will suffer.

Im not saying that if vote remain had been victorious that they'd be fine - but rather that there'll be a lot of nervous local authority officials that will have to look elsewhere for vital funding and i can't see central government stepping up to the plate what with their current austerity trends/drive....

Worrying times

Diwrnach

I would say exciting rather than worrying.

Short term pain for long term gain.

There are currently that many countries asking for trade deals from us we have actually had to start building a new team to negotiate with them all, think our one chap is currently in China in talks, we also have India, America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico and a whole host of other countries asking for trade deals, a few even had deals written up BEFORE the referendum just in case we did actually vote leave.

Like I say, exciting times!

Dave B

We struggled after the recession for no real benefit afterwards once things picked up

If we struggle a little again so what we're used to it

At least there will be a better outcome afterwards

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.