Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sadly I have to call it a day

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Sadly I have had to make the decision to call it a day with my round just not got enough business to cover my wife's wage before she has to go back to work after maternity so sadly business has to go as when she does (june) we work opposite shifts and have our 5 month old and 11 year old autistic some to look after. /emoticons/wink.png

Anyway ideally I would like to sell van system and everything all in one. What do you think its worth?

I have a x reg kangoo 865 got 73000 on clock clean and reliable no problems with it at all.

350 flat baffled tank

Slx 25

Flip fast

Aqua diaper

Ettor trade kit two trade poles.

100 m micro bore

2 super light brushes.

Sill brush

Spare clips connectors etc

Gardiner gloves

3 warning cones

2 6l di vessels.

Also have trolly alu pole and fiber pole also.

What do you think I should be selling this for?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

better off splitting it all mate tbh

sad times

can u keep on so u do a bit on weekends ? if u get 400-500 a month it be somthing :]

sorry to here your news gav lad its a hard world mate it takes so long to get going if i was you id sell the system and get some cash and just do it trad on weekends or you could sell the round?

if you have time keep it on mate cash in yer back pocket;)

sad to hear your packing it in pal.. i knew the vip was paying off!! jus kidding.. good luck dude

as for the gear, youd prob be better selling seperate to get a bit extra or if you want a quick sale sell as a lot

thats why i do other things to keep my hand in if id have just gone as a windy i would be on the dole now.takes too long to get a liveable wage from it unless you buy into work.or are one hell of a lucky canvaser.

I'm quite lucky that I have as

Much time as I need to build my round, I wouldn't like to be on a deadline must be

Awful to call it a day

well iv gave myself 2 years to build a round i'm 3 months in now

i dunno what id do in 2 years time if my round aint where i want it to be but i aint thought about that i think possitivly

i dont have a life atm with everything but i manage some shape

ye really gutted. Sad times. Luckely I have always kept my full time job hoping one day I could cover my wife's wage and my full time one but didn't work out.

This forum is staying though don't panic we are here to stay.

Blue monkey pm me

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Awh this is life for u... sorry to hear that though... but we gotta do whats best for us... but keeping this forum is good for you cos this forum has potential... and its continuing to grow !

Everyone loves this forum so keep hold of it Gav mate

To quote the song (I think)

"you have to know when to hold 'em,

you have to know when to fold 'em"

Big decision to make. You know your family situation and the needs you have to fulfill. We can only guess. Good to note you have a another (?) full time job to fall back on. It was a noble thing to try and cover your wifes wages. You gave it a go and know now that it didn't fly. Had you not tried you would have been wondering what if.....?

It's not a good time, economy wise, maybe another time. at least you know what to do.

Regards to the wife and family. I wonder, does She ever follow what's said on here?

All the best

To quote the song (I think)

"you have to know when to hold 'em,

you have to know when to fold 'em"

Big decision to make. You know your family situation and the needs you have to fulfill. We can only guess. Good to note you have a another (?) full time job to fall back on. It was a noble thing to try and cover your wifes wages. You gave it a go and know now that it didn't fly. Had you not tried you would have been wondering what if.....?

It's not a good time, economy wise, maybe another time. at least you know what to do.

Regards to the wife and family. I wonder, does She ever follow what's said on here?

All the best
I've never heard that song in my life /emoticons/wink.png

Gav, I am sorry to hear that mate. I hope everything works out for you.

Have you considered employing and training someone to do it for you, might make you a small pocket each year to just manage it from home and canvass when to can to continue to develop it.

Either way though, all the best pal.

Back