Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

have a butchers at this..I'm finally allowed to talk about it..woohoo

It is handy in certain situations like access issues, tight spaces, over bushes or high shop fronts etc

If i am not using wfp i would do tops by ladder usually although i have done whole days of maintenance cleans with a wagtail on a pole and wipe the sills with the scrubber pad

Your missing the point with this tool as it is just one of the things it can be used for

It locks to use as a rigid squeegee and changes angle

Not really @boarcity

I've seen vids of how sensitive it is

You have to twist the handle a fraction of how much you do with a wagtail to get the same amount of movement from the channel so should be easier on the wrists really

Once i get my hands on 1 i will thoroughly try ot out and give an honest opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that looks promising. hope they come soon. I have 3 Moerman swivel handles and the swivel look screw has failed on all 3. No mater how tight I make the screw they still swivel...very annoying. Moerman is sending me new ones but I think it will happen again, its just a bad design.

Thank god Davey. I've damn near got ulcers keeping my mouth shut. Man does this not look so cool in the blue and black on The WCR flyer? Pretty sure the swivel locks so that it can be used as a fixed handle as well.

Well that looks promising. hope they come soon. I have 3 Moerman swivel handles and the swivel look screw has failed on all 3. No mater how tight I make the screw they still swivel...very annoying. Moerman is sending me new ones but I think it will happen again, its just a bad design.
Yep absolutely **** -

I just glued mine up as don't need swivel anyway

also the normal squeege blue Handel fell to bits too - think al not bother with moerman again

I had 1 that did that so i superglued it as i don't use the swivel option

My other 3 handles are still fine

Thank god Davey. I've damn near got ulcers keeping my mouth shut. Man does this not look so cool in the blue and black on The WCR flyer? Pretty sure the swivel locks so that it can be used as a fixed handle as well.
It locks to a rigid tool

Swivels for pole and hand work

10°, 25° and 40° adjustment

And the nice grippy feel of the bi component handle

Looks a bit sexy too lol

Never used the swivel on the black handle so glued/fixed because loved the feel of it in hand especially on the 18 and 22 channels. Since 'welding' it locked at 25° I love it. Have never had problems with the bi component either and actually jammed it in a vice last week and modded the angle of that to 25° And with a 12 or 14" channel it has been transformed. By the by the little mod with pin, wire or plastic retention at the clips for the rubber has absolutely cured all 'line' issues that happen when you get a touch sloppy. This new handle absolutely looks the business. My PayPal account has just broken out in a sweat of anticipation... :)

Not really @boarcityI've seen vids of how sensitive it is

You have to twist the handle a fraction of how much you do with a wagtail to get the same amount of movement from the channel so should be easier in the wrists really
in the vid it doesnt seem to have a very fluid action.

in the vid it doesnt seem to have a very fluid action.
Bear in mind that in hand Bob is using it in fixed mode (no pivot). He doesn't like pivot in hand. On the pole he has it pivoting. This will be a "Bob" tool. Precise, accurate and I venture to say 'unforgiving' but effort to master it will be rewarded. The bolt close to channel with handle supported both sides will make this insanely quick on the pivot ... Maybe too quick for some. Beauty is it can always be locked off.

i wonder why he doesnt like it to be pivoting,surely easier on the wrist. iv noticed in online vids some window cleaners have a problem with smooth fanning a wagtail and thats because theyre not holding it like a pencil ,instead theyre holding the handle in a vice grip more akin to revving a motorbike throttle .

but the free movement is why wagtail has become so popular,free moving pivot and easy wrist action -it certainly was a lightbulb moment 1st time i tried a wagtail.

well time will tell whether this moerman squeegee is a success. i personally wont be rushing out to buy because i dont see that it is an improvement over the sheer simplicity of the wagtail slimline idea+ moerman channel idea combination .

i also feel its made in bad taste,the imitator lacks originality. that doesnt sit well with me.

altho i dont want to be a racist ,its a well known fact that nothing original comes out of Belgium.

Last edited:
There is no doubt going to be a lot of "radio interference" on whether this is a good tool for Moerman to produce. Have a good look at it. What have many of us been asking and suggesting for many years that would be or could possibly be improvements: 1. ability to easily swap out channels 2. Adjustable angle on the handle 3. Locking of pivot for small awkward glass 3. An easy way to attach and detach pads + heavier pads for water retention on poles 4. Secure handle to disc from both sides gives a more stable and secure feel and integrity to the pivot 5. A more ergonomic handle and finally 6. A commercially dog eared channel... Now at some stage if a company felt it was viable, once "patent protection" has lapsed, this was going to happen. What do Herman, Bob, Wagga myself or the many many other DIY's get out of this? The same as we'd have expected from Willie if he'd done it...nothing, except the satisfaction that our favourite tool was working to its absolute optimum. This didn't happen with Wagtail. Moerman have once again stepped up to the plate, Invested in tooling design and manufactured a tool that I believe many of us will accept with open arms. Imitation for the sake of imitation is crass. Imitation with refinement and improvements is called evolution and its a win win for the end user.

what is it about the Wagtail that so many others seem to dumb it down or want to change it so, debatable improvements aplenty and now produce a range of copycat products [i see moerman has a flipper style squeegee out too] . i dont see this happening with the other brands of squeegee. could be the likes of big players unger or ettore would bust your ass in the court room

my own window cleaning biz success has a lot to be grateful to willie erkens invention.in recent years iv wanted to meet the man in person each time hes been in England only for whatever reason iv not been able to make the events . just to shake his hand and to say "boy has your squeegee helped me a lot buddy"

I actually think 'dumbing it down' is incorrect. Change however, yes. If you look at the history of the tool, especially if it's used as your main in hand tool, as revolutionary as it was in the beginning, longevity of parts has never been a strong point. Parts back up is appalling and the damn thing has slight ergonomic and name changes more often than I sneeze. The pivot point almost always 'reams' out especially on the handle on channel wide body. For the first month or so they work superbly and then they ...don't The DIY stuff that's been done, in the main, has improved longevity. With mods to the wide body, although not used by me now, there was ZERO pivot point wear. The mods I have made to my PC have improved ergonomics, feel, integrity of pivot. The liquidator channel eliminated 99% of detailing. The new pad clips, although not perfect, are "sans velcro", kudos to Willie for this, a huge improvement. I personally have not witnessed a dumbing down. Modifications yes. DIY happens when we are less than happy with the manufactured tool and nothing similar competes...until now. The acid test will be how many will feel the need to DIY the Exelerator...I certainly have done absolutely nothing to my Liquidator channels and a year down the track...apart from a bit of wear and tear on the 14" Wagulator clips, they continue to provide the service promised.

re-wear and tear. agree your mods extend its life. but the reality is theyre cheap to replace. oh i know its a man thing to want everything to last forever . iv hammered wagtails day in day out and found its about a year in that the pivots point is worn but not enough to affect the use. im still using 7 yr old wagtails daily,maybe id benefit from renewing who knows

quite recently a guy on the forums was berating he had a ladder rung snap at [i think] the 4 year mark. i now have a policy of replacing my ladders at the 2 yr mark well before anything wears out. if your business cannot replace items at reasonable wear intervals then youre playing at running a business . just my thoughts on longevity of tools

Back