Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning moss off a roof using a brush on an Unger pole

G

Gazz K

I need to brush the moss off a slate roof. I was thinking of getting a brush and puting it on the end of my Unger telescopic pole. Unger do a wall brush

Unger StarDuster® Wall Brush - Dust Brushes - Dusting - Products

but this is for indoor dusting and maybe the bristles won't be coarse enough take the moss off the roof.

Has any one used an Unger pole and some sort of brush to do a job like this? Got any recommendations for brushes and any advice for doing a job like this from the ground with a pole? Cheers

Can't find pic but WCW do very stiff VIKANred cladding / roof brush with big fan jets

Whack some hypo thru it it's a beauty for roofs

Cheers Taxloss, this looks like the brush

Vikan Hi-Lo Stiff Bristle Brush

and the Fixi Clamp for the benefit of others

Unger FIXI-Clamp

Do you think that Ecover with some vinegar will work on a roof followed by pure water. I don't tend to use anything caustic or toxic. Is it best to try and clean the moss off the roof at an angle to the ground. I imagine that if you are moving a brush directly in line with the tiles fixing there's more likely hood of pulling it out of place if bristles or one of the tools gets caught.

Don't waste your pure on a roof just use tap

I have used UBIK with good results

Yeah if you get bit excited with brush you can move a few tiles

That's why you need a Chem

Just rinse off after no problemo

Great info thanks. How would you charge to clean a tiled roof like that in the picture? Haven't got a clue how long roof cleaning takes. That tiled roof in your picture is roughly the same size with a similar amount of moss as the one I'm quoting on

Ubik will do nothin mate Need hypo. I got a roof to do next week and il scrape it then. Use water can to put hypo down. It's a low peak so able walks it grand

What you can see in pic took about 3 hours - scraping then brushing - plus big clean up gutters and floor a right mess

Then I added hypo another day using a pump box and WFP I made just for softwash

UBIK will only work if it's glazed or slate ( non porous surface ) and it will remove algae

I wouldn't use it on them in pic as it won't do much like Pete said

Latest Posts

Back