Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing hard water marks

paulio

Hi guys, a dental surgery I clean have asked me to remove the hard water marks on Their skylights, there's 7 in total and they are quite badly marked. How hard is it to remove these marks? And what's best to use?.

Is it a time consuming job? Coz I have no idea what to charge for it.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Hey Paul, I have been researching the Internet as I have a few customers thats have windows that are bad with it.. I have seen people saying white vinegar works, line scale remover.. But I found a car cleaning product called meguires hard water spot remover.. I think I will try this.. There is a few videos on YouTube too using different stuff..

i use ettore spot remover its very good youl get it in most window cleaning suppliers for under a tenner

I use limescale remover, remember to scrub a fair few times, as you need to scrub the limescale away in some places, and don't expect perfection after.

just found stuff in the shed it really is the bizz-- mdr mineral deposit remover - use it with steel wool & it polishes up glass like new

Bicarbonate soda . Its an old skool cleaning thing from the war times they used it for everything even cooking .
LOL I'm not quite that old, I'll be eating tripe next.

Surprisingly though it still works after all these years, bicarbs a very mild abrasive and vinegar will help cut through any grease etc. It WILL clean almost anything.

I use lime scale remover on a couple of houses that have drops landing on the window from overflow pipes. Apply, leave a minute then clean as normal. Easy. Happy customer.

Latest Posts

Back