Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats your most popular way of gaining new customers?

harunh

how are u gaining new customers? Whats your best formula?

Mine is word of mouth lately, i cant wait to gain more customers !! /emoticons/smile.png

I am planning on canvassing soon so hopefully that will serve me well

Paying a canvassing company is the way I'm going. Works out expensive and can be a bit hit and miss but in the long run its quicker and saves a load of hassle doing it yourself, posting leaflets and endless fb ads

Walk ups for me. I never canvass. If they approach you then they prob want a windy. If you approach them then the take up rate will prob be low coz if they wanted a cleaner they would have one by now.

I've got a steady flow of new customers coming from the odd Facebook post and word of mouth.

I got a new van a few months back and had it sign written and that has made a massive difference. I'm constantly being approached by potential new customers as I'm working. I keep a four or five business cards tucked into both of my mobile phone cases and have to replenish them almost every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Word of mouth is always best.

I got a lot of work from ppl who told me they got my number off my van too - signwriting paid for itself almost instantly. /emoticons/smile.png

I agree with signwriting the van. I have a sign written van and people get my number from it or they put notes on my windscreen saying 'will you pop over to us once your done and give me a price'.

Other than that, just get your walking boots on and hit the pavement. If you've got free time just canvass, canvass, canvass

business from Sign writing is on the decline due to that many window cleaning vans in your area all getting signed up. But its all about time... if your at the right place at the right time it can pay off /emoticons/wink.png

I think the main thing is finding what works for you. You'll see people swearing by leaflets, canvasding, fb, walk ups etc but others have no luck. Find something that works and stick to it.

Chapping doors for sure is my biggest hitter, , then fb, followed by recommendations, then with fliers, then local shop advertising.

i tripled my round by using Facebook to cast the net . over time iv done the daily posting in the buy n sell groups, the facebook paid ads , and assisted faker recommends. all work great for me and are a darn sight easier than doorknocking or leafletting. i thank god for facebook for easing the load .

my rounds full now but im still using Facebook occasionally to tweak it. im only intrested in small council house style work these days [and steadily dropping everything else] so i recently ran a post with my lads cleaning one with good clear images. by the next morning id got 4 more very similar from it

on my round are 2 mansion houses that i did solo my first 2 yrs and they almost killed me,nearly slipped a couple of times. anyway the houses let me win. my lads have always hated doing these but i perversely liked doin them. itll be a wrench when i drop these [as i drank single malt whisky on these jobs] in favour for a dozen council houses,however the councillors are easier to do so thatll happen this year sometime

Last edited:
boardcity - whats the nack with facebook? Ive followed the advice on here, been posting in buy and sell groups and business groups but as yet it hasn't been very productive for me to be honest.

Got any tips?

boardcity - whats the nack with facebook? Ive followed the advice on here, been posting in buy and sell groups and business groups but as yet it hasn't been very productive for me to be honest.
Got any tips?
Make sure you're posting each and every day so whenever someone wants a window cleaner you are the first person they think of.

There's a number of window cleaners in my town but me and Daveyboy pretty much have Facebook to ourselves.

I don't post much on there any more but periodically someone will make a post asking for recommendations for a window cleaner. My customers who use Facebook then recommend me or post the link to my business page.

I think I big part of it comes down to the type of customers you have and the area you work in. A lot of my work is council houses where the woman is at home most of the day. They tend to spend a lot of time on Facebook and will therefore recommend me when they see a post regarding window cleaners. I don't get many recommendations from my customers who live in posher houses because they tend to be out at work so aren't on Facebook all day. I'm generalising a bit but you get the idea.

Another tip is to get in with other businesses who use the Facebook selling groups. I met an oven cleaner at a house I was cleaning once. Had a five minute conversation with him about how good Facebook is for picking up work and now he recommends me all the time and I do the same for him. My gardener is another one that I recommend and she returns the favour.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It depends from my experience

I can deliver 100 and get 5 jobs

I can also deliver 200 and get nothing

It is very unreliable just leafletting

Back