Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haz

Whats your most popular way of gaining new customers?

Dave B

It's been quiet today but from that 1 facebook post i have now got 2 new customers since 10 pm and someone saw it and it reminded them to get back to me about a quote i did for fascias which they are now having done next monday

I love facebook

Guest Solarpanelcleanington

I'm getting 3% from flyers. Working well for me. Takes ages to drop cos it's all villages though.

Guest unit
You sound surprised?

If you could get 1 or more customers from 100 leaflets delivered on a regular basis no one would bother canvassing.

So do you only get 1 customer from every 100 houses you canvass as well ?

Dave B

It's a numbers game

The results vary each time but if you do enough consistently you will build up your round

Guest boarcity
It's a numbers game

The results vary each time but if you do enough consistently you will build up your round

thats it,consistency Wins

Cast a large net, with very, very small holes.

Guest boarcity

so many start out in this game but dont dig deep,only scratch the surface. theyre the ones that keep saying "theres so many windies in this town,its crazy "

how i got a proper toehold was to plan out a serious leafletting effort. dont think about cleaning windows or seeing other windies so much,the leafletting has to be the be all and end all of your life. buy local street maps and chart your course on it using hi-lighter pens. you cant afford to miss out any houses. maybe looking at this street map you realize the towns huge. ok ,instead decide im going to leaflet the Southside only , following the plan thru takes weeks but eventually youve done it,,,phew!

Afterwards you realize youv got a half-decent round ,but still got a hunger so set about doing the northside by Xmas . following it thru is what its about

Dave B

I have 10k new leaflets on order at the moment and i will be delivering them all over the next year

It's not so easy when you are already working but that is what eveningsand weekends are for

And i have a son who will deliver some with his mates for a few quid extra pocket money

I've found that I'm the best person to deliver the leaflets. I can quote and book the job in there and then. I've done about 1800 of ten thousand. Nobody can sell your service better than you can!

Guest boarcity

im not sure of the numbers cos i printed them myself. this was a bit daft really as i ended up burning out 3 printers as theyre not up to commercial use but hey i got the fliers done which was main thing. doled out somewhere around 20k homebrew leaflets possibly more. anyway this got me a busy round suitable for me +employee . just as id finished my leaflet dole out plan, i discovered Facebook about 3yrs ago,posting on it And doing the paid ads allowed me to almost double the original round and take on another 2 more employees .

Adams0211
I have 10k new leaflets on order at the moment and i will be delivering them all over the next year

It's not so easy when you are already working but that is what eveningsand weekends are for

And i have a son who will deliver some with his mates for a few quid extra pocket money

What does 10k leaflets cost mate?

Don't worry, I'm not going to copy you. I'm too lazy to deliver 10k leaflets and it would cost me too much for my kids to deliver them [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

adamangler
So do you only get 1 customer from every 100 houses you canvass as well ?

I completely depends. It's a lottery. In the day time I averaged 1 an hour canvassing expect that to double on evenings.

My point was if I could get 1 customer per 100 leaflets on a consistent basis there would be no need to canvass. Could do 600 leaflets a day in about 5 hours so that's 30 customers a week so why canvass.

Guest boarcity

good thing about leaflets is theres usually ongoing enquiries after the drop,sometimes up to a year later! bad thing about leaflets is its flippin hard work doling them out. if you put out 500 in a day thats VERY good going and youll feel it the next day too. that why professional leafletting firms never hold onto staff for long,its very wearing

Duncs
im not sure of the numbers cos i printed them myself. this was a bit daft really as i ended up burning out 3 printers as theyre not up to commercial use but hey i got the fliers done which was main thing. doled out somewhere around 20k homebrew leaflets possibly more. anyway this got me a busy round suitable for me +employee . just as id finished my leaflet dole out plan, i discovered Facebook about 3yrs ago,posting on it And doing the paid ads allowed me to almost double the original round and take on another 2 more employees .[/quotegreat advice boar do all your team work out off one vehicle

Duncs

door knocking for me if you hit the right area you can pick up a lot of graft straught away

Guest boarcity

yes ,one berlingo crew van.4 seater---- i had planned to buy a 6 seater end of 2015 but a few things happened to make me rethink- 1st of all the citroen dealer couldnt come up with a 6 seater as the latest berlingo crewvan is only 5seater .then he couldnt even get a 5 seater for at least 6 months but wanted me to "keep things moving" and place my order. i declined

then my number 3 employee started playing up ,his heart wasnt in it, so he messed me about then quit on me cos i didnt fire him 1st

i then replaced him twice but both workers turned out to be deadbeats . my other employees suggested we muddle on thru as a 3 man team ,i had misgivings ,but said ok,lets try it.

its been best thing ever. i cast aside all the 3 storey work and am in process of ditching anything else i dont like doing while at same time taking on stuff that fits in with our style of working [mostly council houses]

Dave B
What does 10k leaflets cost mate?

Don't worry, I'm not going to copy you. I'm too lazy to deliver 10k leaflets and it would cost me too much for my kids to deliver them [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I can't remember mate

I will let you know when i get home and have a look

150 quid for decent ones from vista.

Bargain!

adamangler

Mine were £39 for 5k and I think £59 for 10k. From flyerzone good quality

Diwrnach
Mine were £39 for 5k and I think £59 for 10k. From flyerzone good quality

Where are you getting those flyers? everywhere I look on their site its like £20 for 50 lol

Do you use your own design?

adamangler

No I used there design. You're not looking hard enough mate. There might have been an offer on when I got mine but just had a quick look now and seen some for £79 for 10k.

Diwrnach

Could you link that deal please mate? I was going to order some flyers this week, but can't seem to find them that cheap on there, when you go to order as well its like 250 max?

Chris33

Can crop your own design onto all these companies sites,some are easier to crop than others.

EBay has 10,000 for 110 right now,on 150GSM paper. Good quality that is.

Type in 'fliers 10000'

Seller is theprintmonsteruk, written like that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.