Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

TAPs WFP transition thread.

TolishAPurd

View attachment 7590 19thSo the gods of wfp have blessed me with rain this week....which gave me enough time to place an order, or two.

I've been planning to switch to wfp for 6 months or so now but needed to get my round up to capacity before making such a big change. A huge thank-you to @daveyboy for help via pms, and to @Posh for showing me around your system, ....and everyone else that contributes to the threads here. Cheers.

A van mount is a month or two away, so I'm sorting out the filtration, water harvesting, and backpack for use until I get it. I'll update this thread as I go along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still in the post:

High power bilge pump, 1000LT ibc tank, nozzle for transfer pump hose, small folding trolley for backpack, and more.

Just rigged up my water but to the downpipe, cleared out the gutters, and made an improvised water filter. Hoping for it to slash it down now so I can get some lovely pure.

Nice one bet you are pleased, I got Similar set up last week, with Daveyboy advise I dialled the backpack variable pump controller down to roughly 4 o clock and the pencil jets were spot on also I got a bit of splash back when on full was probably my technique though also being a newbie lol.

It's good when you set up my water going in RO 269 out at 14 then thru DI 0000

Den.

Yep, can't wait to get cracking. Setting up the filtration is going to be a pain in the hoop as I need to plumb an outside tap, build a box for the filters etc. I'll have a play with the backpack and see how it goes.

I was lucky enough had a coal shed next to outside tap and drain, but unfortunately only enough room for one 200 litre barrel.

Could you buy one of them Keter small plastic shed thingy that they put the pushbike and garden tools in would be maintence free, and easy to put together.

Den.

I have a few options, but I think it's all going to end up outside. I thought about one of those plastic boxes, various sheds etc, but when it's all delivered I'll make my mind up then.

What RO have you got @TolishAPurd? I'm going to buy one pretty soon. I've had a look at @doug atkinson's site and seen one I think will do, but I ain't got a Scooby about them.
I've got a 450gpd from Daqua. I'm very surprised at how strong and thick the filter casings are, it all feels very good quality, I'll let you know how it goes when it's up and running mate.

I've got a 450gpd from Daqua. I'm very surprised at how strong and thick the filter casings are, it all feels very good quality, I'll let you know how it goes when it's up and running mate.
Cheers TAP, got a link and price? Did you buy your transfer pump from there?

Cheers TAP, got a link and price? Did you buy your transfer pump from there?
I'm useless at links on my phone mate, but if you go to the daqua site, it's in the window cleaning /water pure section, and there's a drop down box for the 450gpd system. I picked up two Di vessels from there also.

I don't know how your going to set it all up but my R.O is on the coal shed then drilled a hole through wall. I simply fill my van tank direct from R.O on a timer. Come home look how many litres i need to top van up then put it on timer to fill it correct amount

I don't know how your going to set it all up but my R.O is on the coal shed then drilled a hole through wall. I simply fill my van tank direct from R.O on a timer. Come home look how many litres i need to top van up then put it on timer to fill it correct amount
That's cool. Do you just have the skinny hose trailing out to the van then?

I was thinking of having the filters inside and then have a small hole in the wall to go out to the Inc. Might be the way to go for me.

The blue hose is the incoming water the wall where the filters are the outside tap is on the outer wall so in need to drill an hole thru the wall to make a tidy connection, the green hose pipe is the waste need to drill hole on left wall for a tidy connection the last photo show the temporary placing of both hoses coming out the bottom of the door, will tidy them up when I get time.

D

View attachment 7594

View attachment 7595

View attachment 7596

View attachment 7597

Latest Posts

Back