Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

"Great Way To Do Business"

Tuffers

I'm seething here! I'd booked in a gutter clear job for tomorrow. I sent a courtesy text just, to remind her I will be calling to clear the gutters tomorrow. I get a text saying 'sorry for the short notice, but I'm going out tomorrow, I'll be in touch to re-arrange.' I sent one back saying "I had arranged my day around you! I'm sorry but cancellations like this at such short notice aren't acceptable. Please don't bother to get in touch to re-arrange." She sends one back saying 'No problem, great way to do business.' I send one back saying "Great way to do business? You mean arrange for someone to do work and cancel the night before? That's not great business in my book."

Rant over.

People like that really boil my ****. They're totally selfish and couldn't give a **** about the inconvenience they cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Some people think most window cleaners are scratching about for beer mone.

they wouldn't let another trade down like that at short notice.

its rude and shows a lack of respect on there part.

Some people think most window cleaners are scratching about for beer mone.they wouldn't let another trade down like that at short notice.

its rude and shows a lack of respect on there part.
Totally agree! If the boiler man or washing repair man was coming tomorrow would she bugger off out? Doubt it.

The thing is, she waited for me to text to confirm I was calling. It hadn't crossed her mind to text me to cancel.

That's very true...... Or would she let you carry on with it if you turned up?
Access issues mate. Plus getting paid. I think she got cold feet as she said she'd be in touch to re-arrange. If you want a job doing you don't say you'll call to re-arrange, you ask when you can do it ASAP.

Had a ****** ring and asked me to come price a job, so I finished early and could have been working an extra hour for the scum bag to say sorry someone else got here before you!!

Very annoying, regarding gutter cleaning did you see advert on tv, advertising £45 a house for gutter clean with a sky vac, wonder how that will affect business, wonder how they are operating? Dont remember the company.

I personally dont text anyone just turn up and do job, dont give them chance to cancel
I think when you're going to do a one off job where you're going to get paid quite a bit more than you do for a regular window clean I think it makes you look more professional if you give the customer a courtesy text/call the night before. This one obviously backfired :rofl:. Feck em!

Back