Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladders and safety atatchments for gutter cleaning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
Looks like ive got a contract for a lettings agency which will include plenty of gutter work as well as window cleaning.

Currently been avoiding gutters apart from bungalows as not keen on heights and tbf not had much demand for gutter anyway.

I digress...What ladders should i buy and what attatchments will i need?, i want to be SAFE as im **** with heights

cheers

mainly terraced, victorian i think, all student accommodation.

some have the lower gutter with porch then gutters further up

View attachment 7734

I would just buy a gutter vac but the guy says a lot have tiles that half cover the guttering so not sure whats best

12376307_1658872574374736_9193166342053126566_n.jpg
12316491_1631126420482685_5306638941431890736_n.jpg
12108262_1618425978419396_6038924567022128712_n.jpg
10366282_1431137273814935_915889478230133251_n.jpg

A good gutter vac set up with the camera and stuff will be much more costly and earn you less than a good ladder set up IMO

Those houses look very hard to do without one though from the ground so I'd price the jobs to include your vac kit purchase and if the tile overhangs too much it doesn't get done waiver

how much are we talking for a good set of ladders with the stand off and that stabilizer ? £300 ?

yes seen plenty of gutter vacs between 500-1000

I'm doing about 70% jobs ladder, 20% ladder and vac, 10% vac only.

About £400 new for ladder, brace and roof stand off

With a vac only, there will be times you need to get up and do something so ladder is a must really, or be able to borrow one, to approach 100% completing jobs

I bought a vac really early on, used it quite a bit the first year but then realised is probably twice as quick or more to do it with a 5m harris pole with gutter tools attached, you can then unblock downpipes while you are there, super quick and easy, the vac only ever gets used on awkward places you can't get a ladder, most of the time I don't even bother taking the vac at all, need to sort electric for it as well.

Stand off for the ladder is an absolute must, I use one that fits onto corners as well, absolute god send, don't have one but would also love one that goes onto the roof tiles.

Ankalad is probably the safest thing to get, but they do have a big footprint and a bit of messing about, though if you want ultimate safety I would say the best to get if you are alone, I only do gutter work with the wife with me and she foots the ladder though.

Ankalad and microlite standoff (the roof one) and the ladder can't slip backwards or sideways

I think my gutter vac is great.

The problem is no matter how hard I try, it will not get the dirt from under the eves when the tile hangs so low in the gutter.

my next of gutter purchase will be Pro gutter Tools as I think in most cases this will be quicker than the gutter sucker.

Having said that the gutter sucker is a great purchase when it comes to a full length conservatory covering the back of a house.

If you cant get a ladder on the wall then gutter sucker is the way I think.

Had a gutter cleaning job today and used an ankalad for the first time together with a microlite stand off. Thanks to so many people for reccommending them

Cheers guys. Just bought a vac and I like it. Will see how it fares when the going gets tough and I need a ladder..
I'd of sold you my SkyVac system with inspection pole and wireless camera for a great price /emoticons/smile.png

I've decided to stop providing the service as too busy to need the hassle, will carry on doing ones I can do via ladder and gutter tools. The rest will have to find somebody else /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back