Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What pressure washer?

Brandon

Evening all, thinking about adding pressure washing to my services as I do window cleaning mainly. I don't want to spend a huge amount on a pressure washer as I'm only doing it to the earn a bit on the side, would one of the mid-higher model Karchers be good enough for driveways, patios and things like that? Doesn't have to be Karcher mind!! Any suggestions would be appreciated, cheers [emoji1360]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I bought a cheap chinese thing for £200. It worked ok and did the job but dropped to bits after using it on 3 proper jobs.

Honda all the way for my next one

Going cheap will end up a false economy mate. Bite the bullet...go for a decent one first off say around 15 lpm.

If your half serious about it you ll make your money back quickly.

Say the karchers around 6/7 lpm. A four hour job becomes an 8 hour job. Sounds allright for a couple of jobs but wont be long before you realise should have went with a better machine.

Just my opinion tho.

Couldn't agree more with above post. I used to use a karcher K7 and did average size drives which took forever and was soul destroying. After getting my Briggs and Stratton motor washer, I'll take any size drive, and its so much quicker

Karchers are good for small flagged patios -

But if you want to do large block paved drives then you will end up in tears

£560 from jet mac sounds good

Karchers are good for small flagged patios -But if you want to do large block paved drives then you will end up in tears

£560 from jet mac sounds good
I'm well pleased with it and can't wait to use it properly. Sorry for going of subject but what revs do you keep your washer on ? Also there is a thing on the pump for psi, what do you set that at ?

Hi lads thanks for all your replies, I do agree that you get what you pay for! What do you guys think about this....

Wolf 200 BAR, 3000psi, 6.5HP Heavy Duty Petrol Driven Pressure Power Washer - Full Spares & Service Support - Kit Includes Gun, Lance, 4 Quick Fit Nozzles and 6m High Pressure Hose Wolf 200 BAR, 3000psi, 6.5HP Heavy Duty Petrol Driven Pressure Power Washer - Full Spares & Service Support - Kit Includes Gun, Lance, 4 Quick Fit Nozzles and 6m High Pressure Hose: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I d advise against it tbh. But if thats what your budget is and thats what your prepared to spend on it. The wolf one will be about as good as you ll get. The rest for around 300 will be around the same level i d imagine.

Sure that ones about 8 litres per minute. Cant help but think you d be better biting the bullet and buying one thats built to last. Guy with the 2 honda ones for sale or the one the guy got for 560 that i thinks 12 litres per minute or even pushing for a 15 litre per minute machine like i think the honda ones will be.

Remember coming on here and reading similar posts when i was first buying one. Its like everything else we think we know better than the guys that know what they re talking about. Sometimes you are better off taking the advise tho.

Either way mate the wolf should pay for itself many times over if you do end up going for it. Can always use it as a back up or for home use if you do decide to go for a better machine if things take off

I'm well pleased with it and can't wait to use it properly. Sorry for going of subject but what revs do you keep your washer on ? Also there is a thing on the pump for psi, what do you set that at ?

Between three quarters full to full for the revs mate. Thats what i use anyway. No real reason not to. Makes the machine work harder but cant see it falling apart on you over it.

The psi about the same idea i d imagine depending on what your working on...blocked paving. Turn it to more psi. Or on wood less for example. Some of the guys on here should be able to give you a better idea mate.

Between three quarters full to full for the revs mate. Thats what i use anyway. No real reason not to. Makes the machine work harder but cant see it falling apart on you over it.
The psi about the same idea i d imagine depending on what your working on...blocked paving. Turn it to more psi. Or on wood less for example. Some of the guys on here should be able to give you a better idea mate.
Thanks mate

a decent pressure washer can be re sold better than a girlie washer, you wont loose out much if you bought a decent set-up and it didnt take off. just count your losses and dont loose much after re selling if you go this way.

i bought a loncin off jet mac a few years ago, done around 8 jobs in 2 years. paid 4 itself but i then sold it last year for a couple of hundred pound less than i paid.

gained a lot of experience and basic know how . if i get my van signed i would get another decent beast.

You really need 15lpm minimum to do any pressure washing seriously, anything less is a nightmare.

I run 21lpm and looking at getting two running shortly.

No idea about his after sales as never had to use it,so can't really comment, but the pressure washer is spot on.

Thanks - they do look decent on his site. Have you got the Honda 21LPM machine or the Loncin one.

I have a diesel machine at the mo and fuel wise it is very good - what are the petrol machines like on fuel.

Latest Posts

Back