Brandon

What pressure washer?

THL4KEL
On 01/06/2018 at 15:50, Scsprocleaning said:
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I'm getting my 16hp Vanguard 250 bar at 21 lpm and its an electric start. 40m of hose, Vairio and Turbo nozzles and a Bin kit for the water bin. Less than £3200 and that includes delivery.

I take delivery next week so will let you know how I get on, picture below.

IMG_6043 (002).jpg

What psi is the pump? You can get a 21litre gx390 for a grand less maybe even a bit more fitted with a interpump

scottish cleaning service
7 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

250 bar so around 3625psi. Costs £2,400 including vat.

THL4KEL

Everyone says look at jet mac or Rutland but the best place to look is dual pumps they have probably the best range of pressure washers. Google them. 

23 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

How heavy is it? Do you have ramps to get it in and out of van? 

cormie76

Be careful where u set it up I had a Trailor set up full advertising on mesh sides looked the job unfortunately pikeys followed me home broke into garage robbed everything

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

2 hours ago, cormie76 said:

Be careful where u set it up I had a Trailor set up full advertising on mesh sides looked the job unfortunately pikeys followed me home broke into garage robbed everything

Absolutely, probably bring it in my house until I get dead locks fitted on my van. It will be a magnet to them.

16 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

Everyone says look at jet mac or Rutland but the best place to look is dual pumps they have probably the best range of pressure washers. Google them. 

How heavy is it? Do you have ramps to get it in and out of van? 

I think its 80kg and have a couple of scaffold battens. I am hoping to keep it in my van all the time. Leave door open when in use and just use the 40m hoseline, to much hassle wheeling it in and out.

Its probably near 100kg, now I have looked on dual pumps website, not much different from Rutland pumps website. Today I was making up 610mm by 1220mm by 18mm sandwich boards that I will put at each side of driveway I am cleaning. It will read "Free quotes for Powerwashing, Driveways & Patios, just ask" My sign writer is making 4 signs that I fix onto the sandwich boards. Was watching YouTube there and seen a guy use a 'double headed turbo nozzle' which makes short work of monoblock driveways. The only downside is the mess it makes compared to the fsc.

24 minutes ago, Chris33 said:

It'll need it's own pillow

As an old boss in my building site said "Trust no one" if its not nailed down, it will vanish in the night!

THL4KEL

Not sure I'd use the double headed turbo. Half the power out of each nozzle compared with one. 

THL4KEL
18 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I think its 80kg and have a couple of scaffold battens. I am hoping to keep it in my van all the time. Leave door open when in use and just use the 40m hoseline, to much hassle wheeling it in and out.

I couldn't do that to easy to be robbed. Especially if your 40m away in a back yard. They could just cut the hose and throw on a van. I always set up at a point where its either in a backyard with no rear access or in the middle of the job in sight. 

Best to bolt it to the floor of your van. 

Will need to see about insurance for it, bought it through the company.

cormie76

Well I know in Ireland u can’t get insurance for contents of van unless it’s alarmed and locked in a garage at nite which also needs to be alarmed

16 minutes ago, cormie76 said:

Well I know in Ireland u can’t get insurance for contents of van unless it’s alarmed and locked in a garage at nite which also needs to be alarmed

Might get it through my home contents insurance which I will be looking into next week. If I have to keep it in the house then so be it.

Bought a couple of ArmaDlocks (£283) to fit on my van as a deterrent. Neighbor did the same and the thieves never came  again. 

THL4KEL

Your going to be more of a target when your doing a job. If you leave it on the van with doors open. 

14 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

Not sure I'd use the double headed turbo. Half the power out of each nozzle compared with one. 

When you have 250bar and 23 lpm then you can get away with it. Watching guy on YouTube with same size washer and he gets away with it no bother and has to turn it down a bit. He races through the monoblock driveway but doesn't use it for sand stone.

19 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

Your going to be more of a target when your doing a job. If you leave it on the van with doors open. 

Your right, would need to chain it to the van. They would steal the sugar out of your tea up here. Need to get it insured or its going in the house wi a cover over it.

Scsprocleaning
3 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Might get it through my home contents insurance which I will be looking into next week. If I have to keep it in the house then so be it.

I can get contents insurance its with a broker called arachas and the policy is zurich, in ireland, doesnt mention anything about alarms or locked in a shed, its included in the employers and public liability..

2 hours ago, Scsprocleaning said:

I can get contents insurance its with a broker called arachas and the policy is zurich, in ireland, doesnt mention anything about alarms or locked in a shed, its included in the employers and public liability..

My public liability insurance is due in a few months and will be asking if its covered. Thanks for heads up. 

Bolted a few bits of wood to the floor of my van so that I can keep my PW in it permanently.

Connected a hose to the exhaust outlet so I can put it outside when in use. Let you all know the results Monday night after my first job.

pw.jpg

THL4KEL

That rail you have it chained to is just ply... Could be ripped out very easy or they could could just unscrew it and it's gone.. 

7 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

That rail you have it chained to is just ply... Could be ripped out very easy or they could could just unscrew it and it's gone.. 

No its 4 size 12 screws thru ply and metal frame and I drilled the screws after I did it. My van has deadlocks and the alarm is working now. Getting it insured Monday, £166 for 5 grand worth of tools in or outside the van for a year. Thanks for noticing.

THL4KEL

Get some security screws. Can't be unscrewed..

If your 40m away from the machine working they could cut through that chain with an angle grinder load it in it there van and then cut the hose and there gone. You wouldn't even hear it. 

11 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

Get some security screws. Can't be unscrewed..

If your 40m away from the machine working they could cut through that chain with an angle grinder load it in it there van and then cut the hose and there gone. You wouldn't even hear it. 

Absolutely, no matter how you fix it down they can cut thru it. I only intend to take on jobs that I can see the van. But I have the insurance so I don't want to worry myself. Might build a wooden frame round it as time goes on.