Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice for first gutter and fascia clean...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bernard

Got a roof and some gutters to clean on a bungalow on one of my pressure cleaning jobs. A few questions...

Is it safe to put UBIK in an IK-9 Pressure Sprayer?

I'm thinking about buying a Vikan waterfed wash brush for the gutters, fascias, soffits and garage doors etc. Namely these...

Vikan Water-Fed High / Low (Hi/Lo) Car Vehicle Wash Brush Head Soft 280mm

Vikan Extending Pole

Vikan Gardena/Hozelock QR Adaptor

I think those will cost around £70

Will soft bristles be OK or would a stiff head be better?

It's a huge bunglow and double garage and the whole place is turning green. I figure this brush + UBIK and sprayer will do the job. Is this a wise move or are there better tools for the job?

Why bother with the ubik at all? If you are going to use it though, I think you're better off using it in a pump sprayer.

Why bother with the ubik at all? If you are going to use it though, I think you're better off using it in a pump sprayer.
Doesn't the UBIK make short work of the green build up on the plastics?

I misunderstood you mate, I thought you were going to use the ubik on the roof in a pressure washer. It's the hazard of reading with toddlers running around before school.

Just spray the ubik dilutuon on with a sprayer, agitate a bit with the brush and let it soak in, wet it again, and then scrub it off. Most of the time it will come off easy, but then other times is can be a mare if it's been on a long time.

For years I have done these types of cleans with nothing but a bucket and a long reach truck was brush. First bucket had the solution, second bucket had water to wash off the solution, and the third bucket had water again to get the rest of the dirty water off. Obviously a water fed brush of some sort makes this a lot easier but I'm just saying that to show how basic it can be, so any other kit is a bonus.

No problem...
How much do you dilute the UBIK for this sort of work?
Imagine you are making a class of orange squash in the sprayer.:thumbsup:

If using it in a bucket, when it's going to be thrown away after, just a couple of splashes should do it. And a squirt of fairy to froth it up.

I use roughly half a litre in a 22l backpack and pump whatever is left over into a spare 25l drum for the next job so no wastage

So that equates to a good splosh in a sprayer

Latest Posts

Back