Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christian Eley

It's good to be part of something big

Iron Giant
I was an approved contractor did 2 jobs NEVER AGAIN , very poor organisation clients didn't know I was coming . Solar farms paying 18 pence a panel , no way you would be better off working at Tesco shelf stacking , steves a nice guy but the pay is appalling , why anyone would want to do it for that kind of money doesn't make any sense to me at all , get your own work be your own boss and earn a decent living !!!

Totally shocked by those prices , I was tempted last year but some jobs prices didn't seem that good certain jobs were around £175 for about a days work and others were lot more full details weren't revealed to me upon enquiring , Got an email yesterday and was tempted again but had second thoughts again . I think most installations were on factory and large shop roofs like Sainsburys

Pjj

I think steve is now trying to offer this type of work as a franchise from what one or two people have said , it's not financially viable unless you are happy with minimum wage , you now have to send photos before and after of the work done photos of your tds readings before you start , get job sheet signed each day just so much hassle for peanuts anyone who does it must be mad , you would be much better off canvassing your own work and having all the money and repeat viable work . Some of the jobs are difficult access on farm building roofs supermarket roofs , I did a Sainsbury's job for him with with solindra panels where you clean the white plastic sheeting and not the tubes absolute nightmare , no drainage as there was no fall on the roof , back breaking work two of us there for 4 hours for £125 What a joke

IMG_1876.JPG.b7129b697d89d9b47f521144a3b1d292.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG.5e8555d1cb736839f396ffb89346c43c.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG.59918005489dd51a1c5997b3ee42f895.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG.75169d63aa3db474ecca32d2ddf5d73b.JPG

Dave B

My main issue with the whole thing is the blatant bull#### from the start

I was chatting to a very experienced sparky about this just yesterday as he was installing some for a friend next door to my customer.

When i asked the risks and told him what Steve had said about it he just laughed and called him a few unrepeatable names.

Ever wonder why he would never actually tell any of us what the risks were or substantiate anything he said.

Iron Giant
I think steve is now trying to offer this type of work as a franchise from what one or two people have said , it's not financially viable unless you are happy with minimum wage , you now have to send photos before and after of the work done photos of your tds readings before you start , get job sheet signed each day just so much hassle for peanuts anyone who does it must be mad , you would be much better off canvassing your own work and having all the money and repeat viable work . Some of the jobs are difficult access on farm building roofs supermarket roofs , I did a Sainsbury's job for him with with solindra panels where you clean the white plastic sheeting and not the tubes absolute nightmare , no drainage as there was no fall on the roof , back breaking work two of us there for 4 hours for £125 What a joke

That has totally made my mind thank you very much Pjj , As the old saying goes stick with your gut instinct and I had feeling something just didn't feel right about the whole thing in terms of worked involved and the value of the work of certain jobs .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.