Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cheap pump dont do it

WCF

Help Support WCF:

peter rogers

so ran a wee test this week

we use shurflo pumps from 8 odd till 5 or 6 in evening they run all day wen pull the valve the water stops and they stop sweet

so we changed a pump out to these cheaper ones

bascially they work

but wont go like the shurflow

after around 6 hours they overheat and thats a wrap lol

think these be ok for the odd job here and there as the flow is good Aand so is pressure

12V 100PSI 4L/Min High Pressure Diaphragm Water Pump FOR RV /CARAVAN /BOAT

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
so ran a wee test this week
we use shurflo pumps from 8 odd till 5 or 6 in evening they run all day wen pull the valve the water stops and they stop sweet

so we changed a pump out to these cheaper ones

bascially they work

but wont go like the shurflow

after around 6 hours they overheat and thats a wrap lol

think these be ok for the odd job here and there as the flow is good Aand so is pressure

12V 100PSI 4L/Min High Pressure Diaphragm Water Pump FOR RV /CARAVAN /BOAT

pete ive used these since i started, (never had a shurflo) ive gone through 4 in about 18 months, this is combined on the van mount and on the trolley, for 11 quid each i dont think thats bad. 2 of them still work but have lost a bit of power, they are fine for the trolley though.

Only thing i found is theres not quite enough flow rate for 100m microbore, i have been using about 70m on the reel and found the flow on full about perfect.

However ive just bough a new reel with 100m microbore so i bought one of these...

DC 12V 130Psi High Pressure Diaphragm Self-Priming Water Pump 5.5Lpm 80W

130psi @ 5.5Lpm, dont know how long it will last but the pressure is better than the 4lpm one was through 70m hose.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Really don't get the logic here. Keep buying cheap ones that keep needing to be replaced, or pay up and get a 100 psi shurflo that are built like tanks and will gush through 100 metres of microbore with ease plus last for ages if looked after properly. Mines coming up to 9 years old and still pumps like Ryan giggs :thumbsup:

Agree with @peter rogers and @steve garwood

Once you do buy a shurflo pump, you will not want to use anything else. I have found the cheap pumps will last around a year on DIY Trolleys, and it was that reason that I made the Heavy duty Trolley. As well as the reassurance that the pump will not break down, it is also very quiet and can hardly be heard when working.

I still use a Trolley with a cheap pump sporadically, for gutter cleaning or conservatory roofs. I pump cleaning agents through it, then flush it with Tap water when finished. Sounds like a pneumatic drill compared to the shurflo but serves a purpose.

My advice for what it's worth is to get a Shuflo pump. They are more expensive but not in the long run, and much better to use.

Latest Posts

Back