Jaylee42

Cony roof how is best ?

Jaylee42

what is the best way to clean a cony roof ? I used to just dip a broom in my bucket of soapy water then scub and rinse with a hose.Now ive got a unger pole and brush and trolly it still seems to take just as long if not longer.Not sure what is the best brush to use the unger one I'm using is long and quite soft bristles.Im thinking harder bristles maybe better ? its the frame work that is the pain in the arsenal especially if it has ridges for the dirt to get into.What about pressure washer on low power ?

Eviestevie

Don't pressure wash even on low power

You may move the panels and seals specially

Not only that when the roof leaks 6 month later the conservatory company tell he customer it should never be powerwashed

Go to job,with a commercial degreaser and spray the entire roof

Set up tackle,nip Costa have a latte

Go back the stuff just slides off

Dave B

You want flocked bristles for a good scrub

Soft but very effective

Green Pro Clean Ltd

If you want best results see picture. 20160604_101049.jpg.82315c49eb5c68d50e6ac89e6da4952d.jpg

Eviestevie

Wow bet that's killer on the knees

Green Pro Clean Ltd
Wow bet that's killer on the knees

Not at all. Only up there 10 mins per side and you cant see it but hes got those trousers with insertable knee pads fitted.

Robster

Im only asking ....... and i bow down to your superior knowledge and years of experience doing this type of work Mr Green ...... but ........ is there any reason you could not pre-spray that conny roof with a SH/Detergent mix and leave it to dwell while you set up your gear ? ........... Im thinking that crap would then just hose of the pvc and you would just clean your glazed areas as normal, as i said im only asking i have no experience in doing this whatsoever, but i do know that SH/Detergent mix brings up pvc like it was new.

Green Pro Clean Ltd

In the time it takes to get out the sprayer, pre spray it, wait for 'dwell' the ladders have gone up. Whole lot scrubbed and rinsed ladders packed and off to the next.

No harsh chems involved at all.

Gilly

a9aef5d1324761dabcce6842a49872e2.jpg

Bit of pipe lagging on the rung your kneeling on works well @greenprocleen

Green Pro Clean Ltd

That it does but we have knee pads anyhow. :))

Jaylee42
a9aef5d1324761dabcce6842a49872e2.jpg

Bit of pipe lagging on the rung your kneeling on works well @greenprocleen

I've stuck some lagging on my ladder where my knees go most saves a lot of aches