Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Have you ever had one of those days......

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adams0211

Where everything goes just right?

Left my house at 7.30 this morning. Get about fifty yards down the road and my phone starts ringing.

"Hello mate, I'm just driving behind you. Can you pop round and give me a quote later?"

Pull into my local shop to grab a cold drink and buy a scratch card too. Win £20. Result.

Start first house at 7.45am. All gates unlocked, no parking issues, most of my customers home and waiting with the money, first day I can remember that I haven't got my hose caught on something.

Absolutely fly round my houses, got two five pound tips, people asking me for quotes as I'm working. Got a call accepting a quote for a conny that I quoted yesterday.

Went and quoted a gutter job on the way home. Old girl was happy with the price. Upsold window cleaning to her and got that too. Did it there and then and had a nice chat with her and her daughter.

Old girl asks me to go and see her neighbour in the bungalow a couple of doors down and quote to clear her gutters, clean gutters and fascias and clean her conny inside and out.

Drive home. Do some paperwork. Spend some time with the kids while the wife pops out to work for a couple of hours.

Wife gets home so I shoot out to pick some money up. Everyone is home and pays. Upsell gutter and fascia cleaning to one customer and book that in for next month. Next door neighbour comes out and asks me to start doing his too.

Stop at shop on the way home to grab my daughter a bottle of drink for school tomorrow. Buy another scratch card. Win another £20. Result.

Hopefully I'll get lucky with the mrs tonight too.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ive had one or two, but ive had more that are a total farse to make up for it like yesterday.

Today was a good day for me today though, i set a new record for earning on the glass showing me whats possible

Ive had one or two, but ive had more that are a total farse to make up for it like yesterday.
Today was a good day for me today though, i set a new record for earning on the glass showing me whats possible
What happened yesterday?

Left my house at 7.30 this morning. Get about fifty yards down the road and my phone starts ringing.

"Hello mate, I'm just driving behind you. Can you pop round and give me a quote later?"

Pull into my local shop to grab a cold drink and buy a scratch card too. Win £20. Result.

Start first house at 7.45am. All gates unlocked, no parking issues, most of my customers home and waiting with the money, first day I can remember that I haven't got my hose caught on something.

Absolutely fly round my houses, got two five pound tips, people asking me for quotes as I'm working. Got a call accepting a quote for a conny that I quoted yesterday.

Went and quoted a gutter job on the way home. Old girl was happy with the price. Upsold window cleaning to her and got that too. Did it there and then and had a nice chat with her and her daughter.

Old girl asks me to go and see her neighbour in the bungalow a couple of doors down and quote to clear her gutters, clean gutters and fascias and clean her conny inside and out.

Drive home. Do some paperwork. Spend some time with the kids while the wife pops out to work for a couple of hours.

Wife gets home so I shoot out to pick some money up. Everyone is home and pays. Upsell gutter and fascia cleaning to one customer and book that in for next month. Next door neighbour comes out and asks me to start doing his too.

Stop at shop on the way home to grab my daughter a bottle of drink for school tomorrow. Buy another scratch card. Win another £20. Result.

Ace :thumbsup:

i accidentally emptied my 500l tank is asda carpark whilst i was eating lunch lol
ive had worse though, that wasnt a bad day really
Oh yes. I remember now. What a pain in the ****. At least today was better and only one more day til the weekend.

Nice when things go in your favour nice one glad to hear it, I had a good one also today only my second time out cleaning.

Oh yes. I remember now. What a pain in the ****. At least today was better and only one more day til the weekend.
The key is to not get too excited on good days and not too dissapointed on bad days, and just know that its all just part of the process.

******:rofl:

First time out this week today just six jobs young lady really happy with my work unbe known to me gave great reviews on local Facebook posted my flyer then the third person I done had added another great review on the same thread still unbeknown to me, then just finished my forth job when Thomson local online phone out of the blue mentioning the reviews and would I be interested in advertising told them to ring back in a couple of weeks ,just out of that recommendation I out three jobs and one to quote tomorrow and as I'm writing this on my iPad have had another txt asking for a quote.

Happy days.

First time out this week today just six jobs young lady really happy with my work unbe known to me gave great reviews on local Facebook posted my flyer then the third person I done had added another great review on the same thread still unbeknown to me, then just finished my forth job when Thomson local online phone out of the blue mentioning the reviews and would I be interested in advertising told them to ring back in a couple of weeks ,just out of that recommendation I out three jobs and one to quote tomorrow and as I'm writing this on my iPad have had another txt asking for a quote.Happy days.
Sounds like you're off to a good start. You'll be surprised how quickly it picks up through recommendations, walk ups and Facebook. It's a good time of year for it too.

Keep on advertising on Facebook and maybe get a stack of leaflets from vista print so you can deliver those when you have some down time.

You'll get faster with time and you'll learn what you can and can't get away with. Before you know it you'll have a good size round and wonder why you didn't do it years ago.

Also had a walk up today neighbour of one of my customers she had moved in Feb so needed a windie nice area to big detached houses right place at right time.

Your right about loving it and wishing I had done it years ago.

I had a good day yesterday! I'm new to this and had an enquiry from a flat 2 minutes from home. Went to quote and he said the last windy packed in after damaging his knee. Load of door knocking and ended up cleaning 19 out of the 21 flats!

Last guy was cheap and I matched his prices but first clean done yesterday and its not and bad number every 4 weeks! iOne quick job this morning then off to and family bbq in the rain - still my water butts will be filling up!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Back