Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

any idea how to price comercial/large glass windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

1stopcleaning+maintenance

hi as previously said im rather new to the cleaning business im aiming for windows solarpanels and all upvc plastics , iv got the chance to price for a large section of glass and windows on a local shopping center , however i have no idea how to price on large open glass/windows, small indiviual windows i have no problem. could any 1 help or give any ideas . Thankyou

steve 1stop-Cleaning+Maintenance www.1stopsolution.co.uk

work out how long the glass will take you - picture it as a domestic window - then you have to work out where you can park & charges, what time you gonna do it & how busy it will be. i've been offered a few but its never been worthwhile

the large shop windows are just as easy as normal ones ive got a few shop fronts i clean and just charge by how long i think its gonna take but like simon said take into consideration what time youve goto be there to clean them i have to get to mine early and get them done before the general public are out

If its the size of the job that's getting to you, split it down into manageable sections & figure out how many hours it will take you. Don't go in too cheap,.. under-priced work is nearly worse than no work at all, as it consumes time that could be better spent canvassing for better work. Remember though that big shop windows are much faster to clean than house windows with 3 or 4 smaller panes as there is much less detailing.

iv got 1 comercial job i do 3 times a week i price it per hr as its worth 12hrs a month to me

but ya id price per window other wise

Work that is different to what you are use to can be more difficult to price. You will already have an hourly rate you work to; so you only need to estimate how long this work will take you, before you can calculate your price.

Don’t worry about getting it wrong, I got a quote wrong not to long ago. I won the work but within a few minutes of starting the job I soon realised it was going to take much longer, I spoke to the person in charge and explained the problem and than agreed a new price.

Richard

thanks alot fellas great advice! really appreciate it . great forums this will be a regular visitor chaps keep an eye out for me. Steve 1stop cleaning+maintenance www.1stopsoultion.co.uk

Back