Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof moss removal

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
Hi all, i was collared earlier at the petrol station a local person asked If I could remove the moss from her bungalow roof. I tried using search bar not much luck. Does anybody have any pics or links to there go to moss removal scraper? Been looking at something like this.

View attachment 7962

Hi all, i was collared earlier at the petrol station a local person asked If I could remove the moss from her bungalow roof. I tried using search bar not much luck. Does anybody have any pics or links to there go to moss removal scraper? Been looking at something like this.
I have now have been to see this roof it's a bungalow. Does anybody have any experience in de mossing a roof? And advice for me on method. I'm only guessing to get up there with a roof ladder and a couple of scaffold boards and with a hard broom and scraper on pole work my way along roof. I have told the lady confidently it will take me 2 days and have quoted high so don't want finale hash of it.

roof ladder and work your way along mate if the moss is really bad itl be hard to use a scraper on pole from distance to get into all the wee crack depending on type of tile eaiser done if the roof is dry as moss comes off quicker imo

what would u use the scaffold boards for ?

no do it off the ladder .. if its the concrete tiles i do 2 rows a time and work my way over always off the ladder .. if u no roff ladder screwfix do roof ladder hooks that goes on any ladder

Nice one it knackers you don't it

Are you gonna treat it now ? She may as well have it softwashed now otherwise it will grow back on a year

Now the roots exposed you can kill it

Nice one it knackers you don't itAre you gonna treat it now ? She may as well have it softwashed now otherwise it will grow back on a year

Now the roots exposed you can kill it
Not gona soft wash mate don't know enough about it I had 15 litres of hypo in van and I only have a 16 litre sprayer handheld backpack thing I wouldn't know how to gauge if I had enough hypo as I only agreed to de moss she happy enough. And yeah back breaking work.

Not gona soft wash mate don't know enough about it I had 15 litres of hypo in van and I only have a 16 litre sprayer handheld backpack thing I wouldn't know how to gauge if I had enough hypo as I only agreed to de moss she happy enough. And yeah back breaking work.
Was unsure of the strength did a test on small patch didn't seem to make massive difference

Back