Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Granny needs a spanking!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I go and quote a gutter 'clear only' job. Looks simple enough so I quote £80.

'How long?' She asks. 'No more than two hours' I reply.

Get the job. Turn up and using my Harris pole and Pro Gutter attachment it takes me 20 minutes to cler the gutter front and back.

Oh well, so I whip out my WFP and wash off the outsides of the gutters, there goes another 10 minutes, then I decide to do all the windows, that's 15 minutes then for some unknown reason I clean the conservatory windows and all the doors.

(All these are extras not quoted for)

I pack up and hand in the bill for the AGREED £80.

'Oh is it cheaper as you said 2 hours and you have been here no where near that?'

(After I have explained all the add ons I included for nothing)

'No luv the price is the price'

'Oh I don't think labor should be that expensive'

'Labor? Labor?' (Now she's done it) 'You aren't paying me for labor alone luv, you're paying for my years of experience my thousands of pounds of equipment, my liability insurance to protect you and your home, my advertising which is how you found me, for me risking my life up the ladder so you don't need to.........'

'I'm just asking, seems a bit unfair.' She says

'If they had been chocker luv and I had been here for four hours and said....well I thought two but as it's been four I will have to double the price to £160 you wouldn't be very happy now would you?'

'No but that I would understand' she says

'You dont seem to luv cause If I had been here 5 mins or 5 days the price is the price, you were quoted for a specific task, only reason time was discussed was you asked aprox how long I would be. The time has nothing to do with the charge, I charged you for the task'

'Well I was only asking!'

OH FOR F×××S SAKE !

Yes did a front and back dormer couple of weeks ago so 4 gutters.....3 were totally clear and the downstairs back one had a large sod right over the door and that was it.

Went through the motions with ladder and gutter vac but struggled to make it last an hour for £70....paid no problem though.

2 different sizes ..2 different shapes so 4 in total

I know you can buy them in a set but not sure where

Google progutter tools and you'll find them

Could be a new business add on. Could import half a dozen Easter European grannies and stash em in my shed. If we do brexit the EU they will triple in price.

Had a lot of this myself. Cleaned gutters last Sunday I quoted 75quid he agreed, he asked me will the job drag on till Monday? I said I don't think so! I found half a roof tile lodged in gutter removed and showed him when leaving he asked will I perhaps go up and replace the roof tile?! I just put my footdown and said no I can't I'm afraid that's a separate job for a roofer !

I only have 5 star reviews on facebook but deleted all reviews anyway as i feel you look more like a professional company without them rather than the small time local windie "Dave does a great job of my windows" type review

Cheeky b###h has left me a 1 star rating on Facebook saying what a good job I did but I get 1 star for being over priced.Unbelieveable /emoticons/smile.png)
What a nasty !@#$. Leave a bad review about her tea- mention the cheap tea bag, the 10 second brew, and the gone off milk. If she didn't make you a tea, then tell her "I would leave you a review on your tea, but since you didn't make me one, I can't". That would have folk in stitches./emoticons/biggrin.png

I deleted reviews off facebook after a couple of negative ones, no one praises you when you do a good job but the smallest thing can set people off.

Nowadays you can't delete reviews

You have to go into settings and change your caregory to product/service and that doesn't allow reviews

Thats what i meant, you have to disable reviews completely, no you cant just delete the ones you dont like, would be cool if you could though

What a nasty !@#$. Leave a bad review about her tea- mention the cheap tea bag, the 10 second brew, and the gone off milk. If she didn't make you a tea, then tell her "I would leave you a review on your tea, but since you didn't make me one, I can't". That would have folk in stitches./emoticons/biggrin.png
Lolz, you just reminded me of what I chunter to myself when I don't get offered a cuppa when doing a couple of hour job. 'Just the one sugar, Err I don't mind tea or coffee, piece of cake, nah not hungry ta, Ooh is that the kettle boiling, got a mouth like Ghandi's flip flop here, like a cuppa no **** off, you carry on and make ya self a cuppa stuff the friggin window cleaner.....

I deleted reviews off facebook after a couple of negative ones, no one praises you when you do a good job but the smallest thing can set people off.
I'm going to have to politely disagree with you there mate. I've never had anyone leave me anything less than a five star review. At least once a week a new customer will mention the positive reviews on my Facebook page. I'm convinced I get jobs from the feedback in the reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back