Sign in to follow this  
Guest colinvansmith

hose reel clamping

Guest colinvansmith

Hi guys i want to clamp my hose reel into the back of my van but i'm having trouble finding suitable brackets anyone any ideas?

What do you guys do with hose reels i've seen guys lifting them in and out at each job but i reckon clamping them into my van will shave of a few seconds at each job saving valuable time what do you think?

col :)

Guest colinvansmith

perfect Dave cheers.

Col :)

Guest wes

I use cable tie's.

Hinty

I have used cable ties in the past, but like to be able to lift the reel out if needed.

Dave

Guest window washer

The problem with that is that you will need to keep your back doors open and you may be working 50m away in a back garden. You are better off hauling your hose in and out and locking your van if you use an outside connection kit (you will need to drill through the van floor) is you have security.

The other option (if you have a roof rack) is to have a basic frame made that clamps onto it with the hose reel(s) bolted on so they literally sit outside the rear van doors. You then pull up and just pull your hose to where you want it. My friend does this and it save him a lot of time.

It really depends on how much time you have I suppose.